Author Topic: Bob crashing his moped!  (Read 38562 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Bob crashing his moped!
« on: November 24, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »
HI all, fancy a laugh? I took a corner a little too fast for wet roads last sunday, caught on camara and now on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa0HKiArW4k       its about three quarters into the film.

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
Re: Bob crashing his moped!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »
brilliant,glad to see the eacc doing well! reminds me ive got a raleigh runabout to collect soon ;D
not having a go but look how much fun these people have on their low power,low value old machines,wonderful stuff (nice ms50 Bob) ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:33:24 PM by Daniel Rodd »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 04:10:27 PM »
Well held Bob. More a slide than a crash. Still hung on whilst kicking legs in the air. Way-hay! Good job that telegraph pole wasn't nearer.

Back in 1963 I bought a new NSU Quickly F, the one with the rear suspension. I thought I would give it a quick run-in, so on a Saturday I left Eastbourne, Sussex with a friend on the back and rode the coast road to my Aunts in Southampton for tea and back home again, the same day. My backside and fingers were really tingling when we got back.

As they were only made in 1962-3 they are rather collectable. Lo and behold this week I met the guy that used to service my car and he mentioned buying two Quickly mopeds last week and one of them is a model F just like my old one, same colour and loads of new & old spares. Deep Joy, been looking years for one, now comes the negotiating, he doesn't know much about bikes. Don't want to pay too much do I?
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
well done bob  :D it was quite funny cos you got away with it . two years ago my bike slipped on cow **** opposite a farmyard . bike landed on top of me and i couldnt get up  :) luckily i had a friend with me . I have a tear on the INSIDE of my ankle on my right boot - my foot was turned round to face the rear !! OWCH !

incidentally being into these weird things do know of Mike and Renate Hele , spares keepers Bond Club , great autocyclers . a month or two ago Renate slipped over on a manhole cover on a run . smashed leg , hip etc. she will be wheelchair bound for some months . good people   ;)

KEEP THE BLACKSIDE DOWN MY OLD FRIEND  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
My nephew's Quickly is looking for a home! Contact me if interested.

Well held Bob! This time of year is treacherous for 2 wheelers, pedal or powered. Damp, leaf mush, mud and oil, combined with not enough hard rain to wash it away makes the roads almost as bad as ice. At least you know when to expect ice and cycle accordingly, but leaf mush is as slippery as banana peels.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »
so's cow ****  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »
Silly Old Moo, we don't get much of that here in Beautiful Downtown Bermondsey!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 05:46:01 PM »
It was slippery that morning, a thick fog had only just cleared leaving everything soaked. I think the problem was the back pedal braking that opperates the rear wheel, it has very little feel, its on or off and I think thats what caused the little slip up on the bend. Still, no damage done only a bruise in the back of my leg where the pedal whipped around and whacked me. It gave all the lads a laugh!!!

Sorry to hear about Renate and her accident. I think I will stick to dry days from now on.

Dan, I totally agree, more fun can be had on a shoe string budget than standing around a field saying "My TG 500 is better than yours!!"
The MS50 looks good in the film but up close you would see its been hand painted!

Rob, I thought you said Yippy!! No vehicles to worry about?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »
do agree on all counts bob . but you do sound as if you are a man perhaps without a TG500  ;)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »
Now thats what I call a run!

Here is the link to the precise moment it happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa0HKiArW4k&t=6m36s

Reminds me of when one of my friends was over... We were racing on the mopeds, I had the slower one (Puch Maxi), and he had the faster one. I still managed to beat him. Right at the end of the drag, there is a bump. He didnt want to slow down. I still won, and he just flew off! He was fine, moped was. It even fixed it a bit! After that, the indicators and brake light worked...
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »

Rob, I thought you said Yippy!! No vehicles to worry about?

I've got withdrawal symptoms, started to eat chocolate again too.

Update: Forgot to say my Quickly F was my 2nd bike. First was a Paloma Paris I believe it was called.

1st micro was a Bond Mk C. Didn't you have something to do with it as well?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:42:12 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
Yes, I am without a TG500  and if I had the dosh to afford one it wouldnt even be on the shopping list. Sorry but they do nothing for me. An Itom Competitione? Now your talking!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 06:24:57 PM »
By the way the camera man who is in fits of laughter is our own Richard "Invacar 70" You see , the amount of micro enthusiasts that have a parallel interest in moped riding is on the increase!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
invacars and mopeds - says it all really  :D :D :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 06:41:12 PM »
Cannot beat cheap fun. A lot of micronauts can be found with East European stuff to. Bob your Bike appears to have an Oxford registration.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs