Author Topic: Bob crashing his moped!  (Read 38305 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Bob crashing his moped!
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »

Bond,Heinkel

Did they make mopeds? I thought they made scooters.

Heinkel made the rather interesting Perle with cast ali framework. Not sure about Bond. The Mini Bike was 98cc wasn't it. Still its daft and should be of interest to anybody who likes odd machinery. Many a link to Microcars in the small bike arena.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
Just in case anyone is interested, the Youtube clip has had some amusing speach bubbles and captions added to the cabbage field incident.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa0HKiArW4k

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
Nice! However, you missed some obvious ones: "Oops, Inter the field". "Isetta cabbage field?" And as you extricate yourself and moped from the roadside pile of leaves "leave it out!"
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »
Very droll Marcus! :D    It was not I that compose the speech bubbles, it was the laughing policemen on the camera bike.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
Looks good fun. The theory of letting go of the handlebars signifying the severity of the miscalculation is something similar to that odf what constitutes a breakdown at the more competitive end of 'Schmitting. Nothing changes just the value and performance of the machines and if folk will play with them.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »
Nice footage!  belinda bought me a helmet camera for Christmas so I hope to record my birthday rally on 15 January, maybe even get it on Youtube if I can figure out how to do it!

Last time I came off a bike was at the NACC National Rally in Shropshire a couple of years ago when the front tyre of my Moto Graziella suffered a blow-out and pitched me into a hedge, the bike landing on top of me.  Apparently it was quite spectacular according to an eye-witness.  I was too busy hoping there hadn't been any eye-witnesses to my embarrassing tumble.  Mike Hele assisted with the puncture repair back at the camp site.

On a previous rally at Headcorn, I'd come to a halt at a junction on my Puch MS50D and got my trouser leg caught in the pedal.  Being a back-pedal brake (never took to it) the pedal didn't turn and I toppled to the ground in an undignified heap.  The bloke behind me, I hear you ask?  Mike Hele.  There's a theme developing here with Mike's involvement in my tumbles.  Maybe he's getting me back for something!
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »
Hi Nick. NIce to hear from you, at the Cold Turkey run last week, I was encouraged to play to the camera and do something a little more spectacular, riding into a pond was one suggestion another was " how about some kind of explosion"!! NIce to know the guys have my best interests at heart isnt it!

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2012, 03:59:17 PM »
Hi Bob

Sounds like the EACC version of Jackass!  I've got a morning free on Sunday so might get the PC50 fired up and run round my route to check for any mistakes.  As if!

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
Hi Bob

Sounds like the EACC version of Jackass!  I've got a morning free on Sunday so might get the PC50 fired up and run round my route to check for any mistakes.  As if!

Nick D.

I was trying to remember the name Jackass! that's exactly what I thought!

Anyone here watch Family Guy? I LOVE the one where Peter and his friends decide to play Jackass themselves, Peter rolls down a roof in a shopping trolley and breaks his neck in a horrifying way, even though it is just a cartoon.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »
What ever happened to the rather wonderful Dangerous Sports Club, which pre-dated Jackass and was a much more British way of being an idiot. I particularly remember having hysterics as after putting pretty much anything you could think of down a ski run including a double bed they had about eight people attempt to ride a life-size inflatable elephant on skis down a pretty steep run. Brilliant!

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
I did something far more stupid Alan. In the 90's I was offered a Nobel on "Eel Pie Island" on the Thames. In order to get the car to the mainland we ( the then owner, Steve Vine, my neighbour an myself ) had to push it onto a ralf not much bigger than the Nobel and paddle with oars to dry land. I was petrified as I can't swim and we were caught in the flow of the river and were gradually drifting out to the middle of the Thames. I had visions of "News at Ten" showing a Nobel sailing under Tower Bridge with four idiots paddling like crazy getting nowhere. In the end we managed to get back to where we started, very knackered as it was also getting dark. In the end the owner got a friend with a boat to tow us to the mainland. When we got the car to my house near Alton, my neighbour said "that'll never run". Well, that was like a red rag to a bull . I cleaned the petrol tap, put fresh fuel in it. put the battery in from my normal car with some jump leads, pumped up the tyres. On one wheel the inner tube was poking through the perished tyre like a bubble gum bubble. It started with a hell of a noise ( no silencer ), but I managed to coax it down the road to my neighbour who came outside to see what the din was and after the smoke screen cleared he saw me smiling in my new toy. 
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »
I did something far more stupid Alan. In the 90's I was offered a Nobel on "Eel Pie Island" on the Thames. In order to get the car to the mainland we ( the then owner, Steve Vine, my neighbour an myself ) had to push it onto a ralf not much bigger than the Nobel and paddle with oars to dry land. I was petrified as I can't swim and we were caught in the flow of the river and were gradually drifting out to the middle of the Thames. I had visions of "News at Ten" showing a Nobel sailing under Tower Bridge with four idiots paddling like crazy getting nowhere. In the end we managed to get back to where we started, very knackered as it was also getting dark. In the end the owner got a friend with a boat to tow us to the mainland. When we got the car to my house near Alton, my neighbour said "that'll never run". Well, that was like a red rag to a bull . I cleaned the petrol tap, put fresh fuel in it. put the battery in from my normal car with some jump leads, pumped up the tyres. On one wheel the inner tube was poking through the perished tyre like a bubble gum bubble. It started with a hell of a noise ( no silencer ), but I managed to coax it down the road to my neighbour who came outside to see what the din was and after the smoke screen cleared he saw me smiling in my new toy. 

Ralf Horris?! Ralf Schumacker?!

Reminds me of the Dad's Army episode when the horse and Major float down the river on a "Richardson".
Have no memory of Dangerous Sports Club, was it a TV show? I had no TV for years so perhaps I missed it.

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »
How long will it be before a RUMCars/EACC/NACC member qualifies for a Darwin Award - given to an individual who has removed himself from the gene pool (permanently!) in the most stupid way?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »
Lets hope that never happens! :(

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »
Lets hope that never happens! :(