Author Topic: P50s drag racing on youtube  (Read 7342 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: P50s drag racing on youtube
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »
I bought CKH from someone in the Isetta club. I can't remember his name. I think he was the treasurer at the time. He advertised it in the Thames Valley Trader as an original car, naughty boy. I was not aware that Alan Evans built it and I didn't buy it from him. Talking of originals & replicas, Bonhams have a Bentley 3 litre ( sorry it's a bit big ) coming up that was owned by Woolf Barnato. After he parted with it, it had a chassis change twice, another body fitted post war and a replacement engine in the '60's ! A nice original car, I don't think. Sorry, back to bubble cars now.

THe name you are looking for and be aware of is Henley based MIni 'Cooper' trader and ex Four wheeled/bubble top trader Alan Tozier or similar spelling. He of 'the only three wheeled bubbletop Isetta' which AA chappie - Attica/Attila importer - bought against my advice. What can I say publicly? Many Minis go in and lots of Coopers come out.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 08:51:45 AM »

'the only three wheeled bubbletop Isetta'

Boing!

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
That's the toe rag, Alan Tozer, ( pronounced Tosser I think ). 
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
Well you are in good company with folk he turned over. He nearly had me as well but my bullshit detector kicked in just in time.

Thanks Stuart. The stupid thing is the Isetta was very nice so why not just do it properly. Chappie used it quite hard. I assume a lack of four wheeled chassis would be the reason but back then they were not in so much demand as now. It was said that the body has now found a four wheeled chassis but I do not know if this is so.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs