Author Topic: stolen quickly  (Read 2064 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
stolen quickly
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
message for rob i think , you did mention someone recently coming across two quicklys - be warned and check it's not one of these mentioned in this months OBM

many thanks jim for moving this to a new topic , didn't realise i could have done it myself - i am a real technophobe  ;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:13:55 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: stolen quickly
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:49:28 PM »
Thanks Rich. The two Quickleys stolen belong to Roger Worton who runs NSU Quickley Spares. www.nsuquicklyspares.co.uk  They are a 1961 S26 and 1964 S23.
The ones I know of are a 1957 'N' and a 1965 'F' plus loads of new/used spares and parts.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:11:27 PM »
very pleased to hear it rob , was just trying to warn you - in case . a few years ago when i was running a Trobike register i was offerred one by a man in who met me in the midlands in a car park and away i went . on getting home i realised i had the frame number on my register already ! i phoned the known owner and he then realised he had had several bikes stolen from his lock up . he was a gent and said to forget it as i had bought in good faith to keep it . i then rang the vendor , who was unknown to me at the time but turned out to Mike Webster , he was quite upset too but very honourable indeed and then took the trobike back  and returned it to the rightful owner . Mike of course was the loser as he too had bought it in good faith. the middle man - the thief was never tracked down as far as i know .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:40:44 AM »
In all the years I have been around cars my great fear was to end up with a stolen one. I have been lucky so far, I have spotted a few on offer and attempted to report them with minimal success. I have had my cars stolen and returned but not yet suffered loss of cash in having a car taken away by the authorities. Yet cars continue to be stolen and disappear.

Have John Dobb's Isetta and BMW 600 ever turned up for instance? Years back a collector had thieves remove the rear of his lock up and take a collection of machines unnoticed.

The fact is so much of the effort to protect your property revolves about you, the owner. Buying well, getting good insurance and secure storage and restricting information - unpopular with Root and not compatible with the ethic of RUMcar - if required. On loss you need to be very proactive to get hard info that the police will react to. It is a subject many do not not wish to think about but each incremental increase in price makes Microcars ever more attractive targets to be pinched and more expensive to insure.

With my collectors hat on it is a big worry and a major cost of having the cars. It would be easy to say it was not worth it, get several bigger cars of the same value and reduce risk and required secure buildings to house the stuff. I certainly have not got a general storage problem but I do have a secure storage problem now I am amassing a collection by accident. I have thought of several answers but both will cost a few £1000 to create. So I need to be sure I want to have the collection, which I am not yet as it is sort of happening by default.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs