Author Topic: was this the old vernons industries building  (Read 2956 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
was this the old vernons industries building
« on: December 02, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
coincidentally, after stuart stumbling upon possibly the ex isetta factory, i was trawling the net and found an article dated 1942 featuring opportunities for industry in Birkenhead . new factories had been built and were available . strange timing as much of liverpool, wallasey and birkenhead dockland had been devastated during the May Blitz of 1941. the unit featured appears to be of the Gordon factory.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: was this the old vernons industries building
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
bearing in mind that the factory pictured is of the impressions type . these are my supporting pics. still to be confirmed
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »
Dear Richard

A well spotted find. It does look like the the advert shows a remarkable similarity to the buildings in the background to the photographs of the Prototype. I presume that you have tried to identify if the building in Birkenhead still exist?

Dickie of Dock Green Investigates!

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
the building has gone - in fact that part of birkenhead looked better after the luftwaffe had just gone  :(