Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 111  (Read 17756 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RUMCAR NEWS 111
« on: December 06, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »
I have just posted off RCN 111,  I hope you enjoy the new issue Chris has done a stirling job once again.  I look forward to receiving your renewals, sorry about the price increase but I am afraid you must complain to the Post Office.  Don't forget a subscription for a friend makes a good Christmas present or even a single issue to whet their appetite!  Chris and I want some ideas of how to boost our circulation, you know it is a good read but some people still don't know it exists.  Please let us have your ideas on the subject.  Happy Christmas    Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 111
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
thanks to you both for all the work - it is appreciated
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »
I have just posted off RCN 111,  I hope you enjoy the new issue Chris has done a stirling job once again.  I look forward to receiving your renewals, sorry about the price increase but I am afraid you must complain to the Post Office.  Don't forget a subscription for a friend makes a good Christmas present or even a single issue to whet their appetite!  Chris and I want some ideas of how to boost our circulation, you know it is a good read but some people still don't know it exists.  Please let us have your ideas on the subject.  Happy Christmas    Jean

Hi Jean,

They just seem to get better and better, so this one should be great!

I just advertised it on my Facebook Group ( Bubbles, Micros and Scoots ) that has 138 members, may get a couple of new subs :)

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
I just advertised it on my Facebook Group ( Bubbles, Micros and Scoots ) that has 138 members, may get a couple of new subs

Thanks for that Joanathan, that's the sort of publicity it is nice to get.  I get any results I will let you know.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »
Dear Readers

I know I am the editor but I received my copy in the post this morning just like everybody else. And what an excellent edition it is if I say so my self.

I hope you manage to find time to read it today.

Chris Thomas

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:56:45 PM »
Coo, in one day, that was quick. The fairies must have used some magic.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 03:31:12 PM »
Dear Rob

I heard from a reader in Norther Irland who received their copy this morning as well. Eastbourne must be on a go slow.

Chris Thomas

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »
Not received mine jet but cant wait.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »
Chris,

I've just remembered that Jean sends out the overseas copies first.

You must have received yours early because she thought you were a-broad person.

SORRY!      Happy Christmas.   Rob.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
Dear Rob

I heard from a reader in Norther Irland who received their copy this morning as well. Eastbourne must be on a go slow.

Chris Thomas

Eastbourne will be delivery by Zimmer frame.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 05:50:36 PM »
nothing here yet  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »
Dear Richard

It is interesting to see who gets their copies first (Surrey and Northern Irland). Normally it is Germany and Scotland who get their copies first. All of the magazines all leave at the same time from the same post office, so the difference in delivery time seems to be down to the local post distribution. between Headcorn and where you are.

I regularly have a problem with post too and from Swindon. That sorting office seems to be particularly slow.

Lets hope Royal Mail get RCN to you all by the weekend.

Chris Thomas

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »

Eastbourne will be delivery by Zimmer frame.

Eastbourne used to be called Geriatric on Sea. Not any more now the older folk are rushing about with 3 or 4 wheeled shopping bag trolley's with seats on. They go by my place leaning forwards as the trolley seems to have a mind of its own with the owner trying to catch it up to have a sit down. The more sporty types have scooters that seem to have non existent braking systems as there are many flat feet and legs of the local populace by being run over. It certainly cheers up the place.  ;D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 11:06:52 PM »
Dear Rob

And next door to Eastbourne is Bexhill. The only place I know where they have double decker hearses.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 07:32:28 AM »

I regularly have a problem with post too and from Swindon. That sorting office seems to be particularly slow.

Chris Thomas

Oxford and Reading are phasing out in favour of Swindon which due to its position is a hub. I think this was partly because the other two offices became staffed with the unionised radicals that helped kill British Leyland off. The PO thus killed two birds with one stone by cutting them back pronto. Swindon now has to cope with a huge quantity of post and I expect is struggling to do so.
From a driving point of view the area round here is infested with errant PO trucks some of which seem slightly kamikaze about their driving and are a disincentive to drive small cars about.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs