Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 111  (Read 17752 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 111
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »

Eastbourne will be delivery by Zimmer frame.

Eastbourne used to be called Geriatric on Sea. Not any more now the older folk are rushing about with 3 or 4 wheeled shopping bag trolley's with seats on. They go by my place leaning forwards as the trolley seems to have a mind of its own with the owner trying to catch it up to have a sit down. The more sporty types have scooters that seem to have non existent braking systems as there are many flat feet and legs of the local populace by being run over. It certainly cheers up the place.  ;D

Have they put a ramp up at Beachy Head yet so these scooters can get good air?

Funny you should mention Hearses as Trever Lowis lives in Polegate now and he has been known to drive them.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
Got my issue today, What a belter!! The magazine goes from strength to strength. In the past I have urged Chris to at least own a microcar even if he didnt want to drive one but now I have changed my mind, we dont want anything including microcar ownership distracting him his sterling work on RCN! Just two questions Chris, Maurice Rogers piece on Goggo's ends in the words "So I hope to adorn the next issue with an im."  Just wondered what an "im" was?  :D. Could it be a shortened Hillman Imp?  Secondly in all seriousness I was interested in the white sporty little car named in the caption as a Liege, nestled behind the Reliant regal mkV on page 27. What I can see doesnt look familiar, can you enlighten us please. Well done again Chris, the down side is I'm reading the mag whilst I'm meant to be working! You'l have me in the work house!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »
Dear Bob

I am impressed that you do read every word. Glad you enjoyed it

I can see what happened. I positioned the photo up too high and lopped off the last line of Maurice's article, which should say
.... image more splendid than this.

I do hope your boss does not repremand you for reading at work. However I though your workshop was called the work house.

The Liege is a Reliant kitten based Kit car that is no longer made but has a good following. It is styled on a Dellow Trials car. A nice little car.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »
Dear Bob

The Liege is a Reliant kitten based Kit car that is no longer made but has a good following. It is styled on a Dellow Trials car. A nice little car.

Chris Thomas

There are a couple of them nearby one of which goes trialling. He has broken several major components and I believe has changed the rear axle for Ford Anglia Van? The other one is used in the summer for a blast. Quite expensive little chaps, especially in Reliant terms.

I found my CC Zero stuff the other day as well as some other misc manuals and data, like Tri Tech. Do you remember the Cypher Reliant based sports car. The car that Reliant should have made rather than the ill styled Scimiter series which dated very badly. Meanwhile the Cypher looks as fresh as ever. Chumps.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »
As I'm a fan of the Dellow I should know this car but I dont. Who will post a picture for me?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
What a pretty little car! I may have to buy one!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:18:04 PM by Bob Purton »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
Great issue, thanks to all involved. Nice to know Alan Budd has at last found a starter motor for his Petite.

Yes I too noticed "im".

"age more splendid than this" might be a good motto for RCN!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
recieved tonight and it looks a great read thanks all those involved :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »
Recieved it nthis morning. It said Jonathan Poll on the front, but since I was at school my dad couldn't help opening it himself and having a great read ;) I will have a proper read tonight, had a quick flick through, loooks great!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »
received today, and once again a gorgeous issue.
Thank you for that !

Ferdi

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »
 Still nothing in Oxfordshire.  :(

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »
Still nothing in Oxfordshire.  :(

Your Postie is a nice chap, isn't he? You will be receiving a replica copy later with fit your own staple kit once I have resurrected the Gestetner (dyslexic has no chance with that one! A guess)

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Mine was waiting for me at home yesterday.  Thanks!
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
 Arrived today, joy of joys.  ;D Now to read....

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »
^  Hooray, Civilisation reaches Oxfordshire at last.
Just kidding, lovely place!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face