Author Topic: Our Cars  (Read 171216 times)

Big Jim

• Occasional
Re: Our Cars
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »
Here are a few pictures of the recovery of my Nobel.

They are not the best as they are scans from poor digital prints.

They show the car as it had been stored and after we got it out of the garden.
sadly I can't find any images of the car being lifted over the fence.

If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger hammer.
If that doesn't work, you have an electrical problem.

Tom Bartlett

• Just Starting
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 04:23:03 AM »
New member here.  I am based in North Alabama, USA, and always been fascinated with microcars.  I was fortunate to visit the Bruce Weiner Museum (only about 150 miles away) just weeks before the collection was sold.  As a boy my brothers and I used to view the advertisements for the King Midget, and occasionally I would run across one at a car show.  So when I got a chance several years ago to purchase a real "Barn Find" I leaped at the chance.  Mine is a 1959 Model III, with the 9.25 HP Wisconsin engine.  I have restored the car to its original condition.  I will try to attach two photos, one before I started the restoration and one just out of the paint shop.
1959 King Midget, 1948 Crosley Midget, 1919 Briggs & Stratton MotorWheel replica

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2015, 05:34:42 PM »
Welcome Tom.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

charly2

• Just Starting
My New toy and older toys
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Hi All following my earlier post here are some pics
Best wishes John

lucileburt

• Just Starting
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2017, 11:12:51 PM »
 What is your favorite car?
I like the Rolls Royce Phantom. How about you?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:37:10 PM by lucileburt »

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »
Welcome Lucy.
Whilst our members likely have respect for other classes of vehicles, it would be considered appropriate to the context of this forum if you would steer your discussion toward the class of cars referred to as "microcars" -vehicles with engine displacements of less than 700 c.c.s.
It would befit the intention of this particular blog if you would limit your participation to that of  posting pictures and comments related to any cars that you have owned that meet this requirement.
Have you owned any microcars?
Tell us if you have a favorite Microcar, and if so why you prefer the one(s) that you especially like.

HelenScarborough78

• Just Starting
    • https://www.canadabiz.net/
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »
For now I own a Ford Fiesta which I'm happy with, but in the future it is my biggest dream to have a microcar. I especially like Nobels. Hopefully some day I will have the money to buy one.
Thank you for all the pictures guys, it gave me a lot of inspiration as to what I want in the future!

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »
Hi  Helen welcome . If you like Nobels  here is a photo of a paticularly nice one owned by a friend.  Hope you get one of your own sometime .

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2018, 04:11:46 PM »
Good news Helen!
Your good taste in Microcars mirors that of my own, and for reason(s) never completely understood by myself,
allows you a purchase price likely not needing to exceed about 40% of what you would expect to need to pay for a base Messerschmitt or Isetta in equivalent condition.
So you may be able to afford one sooner than you think!
I should know, as during the last decade I ended up obtaining 2 and a half of them for about $11,000 USD total.

If you are living in the UK, you are especially blessed, as this is where they are the most plentiful and undervalued.
They use the same engine as a Messerschmitt, and have not too much too tricky about them, except for their plywood floor and perspex rear window.
So find one with a solid wood floor (pay particular attention to the area just inside the doors and also forward of the footwells) and your off to the races.   Euphamistically speaking that is, as is common in the world of microcars, usable speed is limited to only about 45 m.p.h.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:15:23 AM by steven mandell »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2018, 09:11:54 PM »
The last one in your register-YYK663 had a for sale sign on it.
If it were indeed the last to make your register, perhaps it could be still available for our new found friend.
Any way to follow up for her?
I was shocked to see my red white and blue  XUV787  represented in 10 pictures that I was unaware of.
8 of them must have been taken at the Queen's English car show in Woodley Park in Burbank CA a few years ago.
Two of them look like they may have been snapped before I bought her in Ohio in 2009.
How on Earth did you get a hold of these pics?
Microcar paparazzi?
I am literally leaning up against it as I write, as I like to go through my email on my back patio.
It's rear end had been up on blocks for quite some time while I find the time and info needed to transplant the power train into the engine cradle that came with the 1/2 car that I got to allow me to make it into a four wheeler.
I brought my red and white to the same show a few years later- surprised that they missed it.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2018, 10:16:15 PM »
 Some Period photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l2t4k314vkazabw/AABzgZwUoCN6_JHA4-TnElFpa?dl=0

It's a long time since I added anything Steven so no chance of a sale.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:19:18 PM by Barry »

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2018, 11:13:11 AM »
Throw 39 sexy Nobel pics (I particularly like number 13 where the aeroplane seems to be devouring one), and maybe I'll not remember to notice that you didn't answer my biggest question?
Not so fast buster.
I repeat myself- what was/ were the source(s) of your previously posted pics of my red white and blue car XUV787?
Have you sponsored a spy in my midst?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2018, 08:36:05 PM »
I expect that Barry, just like me has found them whilst surfing the net. It is far easier to capture images than to record exactly where they came from (and even then, where you find them is often not the original source!). These might possibly have come from when Jonathan Poll had his Nobel website on weebly or there are a couple here http://www.3wheelers.com/archives/archive3/body_gal231.html
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »
I don't keep a record of where I found the photos.  They will all be in the public domain, possibly in obscure places.
When I see something interesting on-line, I save it.