Author Topic: Villiers dynastart engine  (Read 30736 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Villiers dynastart engine
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 07:03:48 AM »
Whatever happened to Victory V's

You can buy loads of 'em from http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/victory-v-p-190.html plus loads of other retro sweeties.  ;D

Thank you very much for that Rob.
All my Christmas present worries resolved in one go. Can't wait.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lozenge

how sad is this - a lozenge is a diamond shape always has been and always has been - its a rhombus . definetly not the same as a three sided indicator lens .
sorry al but you started it  ;)

This gets more interesting for me as looking wider I found the dictionary, which has to be the ultimate arbiter. It appears I am wrong. Comes from the French for a flat stone and only strictly describes an elongated Rhombus. A figure that appears in heraldry and in Celtic and other stone signings. (Quite how this became the word for a round or elongated cylindrical pill is less certain. My theory is that the Celts used to swallow smaller stone losenges hard in the hope they would hit tape worms on the head stunning them long enough to be passed out of the system. A fully recyclable form of treatment now lost to the chemical industry which yielded a free boot lace. So these marked standing stones were, of course, an early form of Boots).

However why are a set of recent school exam papers I was looking at on the internet in agreement with my prior quoted definition. Just shows that you cannot trust our great education system I guess and why some of our kids are failing.

So I have no idea what shape the lights are for the Scootacar, which could be the reason they are so rare as what do you ask for?  Why is the Loxley Lozenge not rhomboid?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »
Ah! The Loxley Lozenge! Someone has been watching last of the summer wine gums!

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »

Mk 11 indicator!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 08:46:46 AM »
That's the chappie. What shape is that and where do you get them. By the way this car is far to tidy, even the guy in the background has a hanky in his top pocket. Your putting me off, if that is what the standard is now....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
these common enough arent they ? i thought scootacars all had chrome surrounds . must be wrong AGAIN :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260895961151?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
the profile of the mk11 is like a " D " and not triangular like those.

Just to confuse early mk1's had indicators which similar to the mk11 - but not the same!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
the profile of the mk11 is like a " D " and not triangular like those.

Just to confuse early mk1's had indicators which similar to the mk11 - but not the same!

Ooo eck! Might be Marc has those so will see if we can compare. Get all these various items nailed then the search can start.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
controversial i know but when we get the forum website updated as well as our cars perhaps we could have a series of photos of these RARE cars in original condition , or restored to original spec. i.e. scootacar Mk II 3/4 right front view , scootacar Mk II left back 3/4 view . then we might at least know what to aim for  ;)

also helpful if the teacher amongst us didn't descrbe Mk II's as Mk 11's - most confusing  ;)  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:09:38 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »
Also, wouldn't it be great if some people wrote sentences with capital letters where appropriate, as I was taught in school.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011, 09:31:22 PM »
also helpful if the teacher amongst us didn't descrbe Mk II's as Mk 11's - most confusing  ;)  

The Mk2 is actually known as the 'Deluxe'  :D
Scootacars Ltd offer the Standard, Deluxe and the Deluxe twin

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »
Why would you want a light for a car you dont have  ???  ::) 
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
A record of originality is something any club that purports to be enthusiastic about a type of car should aspire too. This was partly why the HT Archive Trust was set up. Then the club decided not to use it, which is a bit odd. Likewise the Boothroyd Messerschmitt Chapel had a archive element to it. That seems to have got lost in politics and the ageing of the initiators. I am pushed to think of a micro club that really has this element of activity, support and information nailed.

It would seem to me sense to record known history, chassis information where it is available and then the examples of original cars left. These cars represent a huge resource for anyone wanting to restore a car correctly and prevents the 'common knowledge' approach, especially when it is in fact completely incorrect. The problem is that this information often creates a disagreement with the spares re manufactured and supplied where a one fits all policy is encouraged to bolster sales and reduce stock and investment costs of time and money. Strangely money tends to win over fact. However this just means it is more essential still to conserve those few cars left that are unmolested. We are still seeing good cars ruined by well meaning owners 'restoring' them. The results can be appalling.

I always saw RUMcar as a way to record the special cars, be they rare or particularly original. I never saw a reason to list 'ordinary' cars like restored Fiat 500s or Isetta. However it is of no great use to owners if they cannot access the cars to examine when restoring their own car to original. One comes up against the fact that cars are normally privately owned. Thus the information is secret. The best kept secrets are those not told so it kind of argues against itself in a way. Clearly the way round this is now available to us which is a detailed record of the anatomy of original cars without the need to publish where they are. From here you can see a huge website for RUMcar. Starting with a list of all microcars. Then gaining an image of each. Then a set of images plus a description with potted history. Lastly detailed archive of the best example/s as a resource for restorers. The work of a lifetime and bizarrely better suited to a person into collecting and collating information rather than mucking about with cars!

As an aside the best picture of a detailed element of a rare car could feature as Page 3 in RUMcar news. Ooowa look at the lights on that!

The MEC media management/creative group would dearly love to create this resource for Messerschmitts but we are to busy running the day to day activities of the club to do the really interesting work. I suspect this is mirrored elsewhere. The interesting issue is at what point does the internet eclipse a club such that, for instance, the media group of the MEC ditch the running of a club in favour of putting the website to full use instead. 95% of the owners would probably be better served! The vocal 5% who demand all for no effort would be the losers as very often it is they who have not kept pace with the world and believe £12 a year entitles them to a full menu of entertainment on their doorstep which they can choose to use or ignore on a whim and use as a basis to complain.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2011, 01:38:09 PM »

Mk 11 indicator!

The back of a Mk2 or Mk3 is a much more inviting place than a Mk1. 

The Deluxe and Deluxe twin were a lot better finished off. 

Shape's quite horrid but a superior interior.  Mind you, some people think the Mk1's grim.  I happen to think it's a masterpiece!!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 02:48:46 PM »
The deluxe rear seat does look plush but I could never figure out why the designers sculpted it that way, is it for riding side saddle?