Author Topic: Störy Automuseum sold?  (Read 13649 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Störy Automuseum sold?
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
Who knows anything about this story?

???

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Störy Automuseum sold?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:17:12 AM »
Is this the repeat of the one I asked about last year? Or is this a new rumour?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:06:48 AM »
Not sure but wouldnt it be great if it were true!!

Bockenem (am). The name of the patron is not known, his goal: He wants to save the car museum in Störy now and bought the entire collection. Thus, the museum re-opens, the city must also make their contribution Bockenem. You will operator, managing the respective mayor of the town, and 40 000 € must be budgeted to compensate for any deficit.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »
I've got some seasons greeting from Otto and Marianne the Day before yesterday. It was also mentioned:

No news of the Museum yet"

On the other hand, the regional daily of Hildesheim wont tell us a lie.

I will keep my ears open, or rather  i give Otto a buzz next week !

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:16:15 AM »
Not sure but wouldnt it be great if it were true!!

Bockenem (am). The name of the patron is not known, his goal: He wants to save the car museum in Störy now and bought the entire collection. Thus, the museum re-opens, the city must also make their contribution Bockenem. You will operator, managing the respective mayor of the town, and 40 000 € must be budgeted to compensate for any deficit.

I am assuming this is a translation of a report in the Bockenem Bugle/Hildesheim Herald or whatever the local paper is called. Either that or Bob's been glueing something together with the window shut again.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
 :D Its not the glue Al, its the mercury gilding!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »
My Christmas card from Otto and Marianne states 'we still have all our cars and we are keeping them polished' Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:57 PM »
sorry i too couldnt work out bobs post  ???
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:48:21 PM »
Well as I dont speak German the goolge translation tools is all I have, its not perfect but you still get the gist of it.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:50:19 PM »
right got it - sorry didnt know it was a translation - verrry interesting :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
The Goggomobil board is also lit up with discussion about this.
They seem more interested in whether they can hold a meet on the grounds though.

http://www.goggomobil.com/forum/showentry.php?sNo=42924

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 12:41:03 AM »
 To everybody who's interested in.
Otto Künnecke, landlord of the museum called me this afternoon. The published article is a bit euphoric meant, but it doesnt seems to be to bad, hopefully we are all back soon. Fingers crossed mates
Gonne keep you informed  of what the future will bring. Anyway, cant resist to go back to this beloved place, coz Störy means to me the one and only place to meet all the good mates

Ferdi
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:03:02 AM by Peelpower »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 07:53:57 AM »
I never understood quite what problem Otto ran up against in terms of local opposition. The simple explanation given was that a local 'councillor' or appointed official with enough power decided to make things a bit difficult at the Museum. Otto is a farmer not a museum curator first and foremost. Therefore the drift to closure to the public. THat is probably a far to simple an explanation.

Aside from this, for the event, I believe he was disappointed that his Rally changed. It went from friends driving microcars to the event where they gathered as friends once every two years as Ferdi says. Otto enjoyed acting as host and spoiled the Brits who drove over hugely. Once you had proven your metal he would allow use the Orchard on tours over, even during the harvest. Latterly it changed to less driving and more trailing but worse became more of a meat market for collectors who were even happy to strip on loan exhibits from the museum. The last Story was a long way from those meetings camping in the orchard.

Maybe now there is some appreciation locally that they have an asset and there is a will to attempt to get it functioning again. That does not mean the collection has changed hands but maybe there is a move to alter the funding/management so it can open. Maybe the person who had a problem with it in the locality has moved on.

Would a running museum mean a rally again. Well given Otto owns all the land around it would need his approval beyond a driving visit from somewhere else or as a meet up without to many support vehicles as space would be limited. Who knows. Certainly the chance of good news is something to be hoped for.

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »
Here is my translation:

'Although the identity of the sponsor remains anonymous, his plans are known: He wants to save the Microcar Museum in Störy and has now purchased the complete collection. However, for the museum to be re-opened, the town council in Bockenem needs to make a contribution too. It will run the museum, with the mayor being the managing director. For this purpose the council budget needs to allocate EUR 40000 to break even in case of a deficit.'

My opinion: It sounds like good news, although I have to hang my head in shame as I have never been to Störy. In what way is the article optimistic? Has the town council not agreed to this? In which case the purchaser may get the strop and do the unthinkable. I hope not.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:34:01 PM by wilksie »
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
Hey Ferdi,   Does this mean we will have a rally at Story again ? It's the place to go for all true enthusiasts. like we did in the old days. They should ban camper vans though.                 Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.