Author Topic: TG500 Super  (Read 10330 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
TG500 Super
« on: December 10, 2011, 08:35:46 PM »
Hello,

Check this beast out!

I'm guessing either its a total replica, or kr200 modified. Probably a replica, since the wings are different (rear obviously for a different engine)

Also, does anyone here know where we can get Super kits, at a reasonable price?
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: TG500 Super
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:01:05 PM »
It looks like a TG version of the 200 Super record breaker, probably modified/customised with various parts, but whatever it is I LOVE it!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
It looks like a TG version of the 200 Super record breaker, probably modified/customised with various parts, but whatever it is I LOVE it!

Same here! Just imagine cruising in that!

Bit different, but my dad sort of regrets selling the mini engined TG500 rear. He sold the complete rear, it didnt have a single schmitt piece on it, someone bought it and is now getting Oliver to make a body to fit it on!
My dad just thought that he could have bolted that on eht rear of one of his project 200's!
Mopeds:

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:00:20 PM »
The only thing I do not like about it is the colour scheme. I know it is a copy of the record breaker's colours, but I think it would look super in the Burgundy and silver colours of the TG Roadster in the Sparrow book "More Bubblecars and Microcars"
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:32:32 PM »
The only thing I do not like about it is the colour scheme. I know it is a copy of the record breaker's colours, but I think it would look super in the Burgundy and silver colours of the TG Roadster in the Sparrow book "More Bubblecars and Microcars"

Cant find the book, we probably have it somewhere. I'm guessing its metallic burgundy and silver? If so I think it may be the Tiger Sport that Testwood Motors imported, the owner has 2 doors for it. Isnt it Colin?
Mopeds:

Messi

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 07:04:56 PM »
This is my fiend Akio's Super 500. He is living in Japan and ever since the earthquake I did not get a response from him. Where did you get that pic from? I wonder if it was taken before or after the catastrophe?

As far as I remember, it has a 550 Suzuki engine built in and all the rest is custom made. Aki also makes phantastic Messerschmitt models. I had some pictures from years ago when he was building the Super but I have never seen it finished.

Best regards

Ralf
To-day do I brake, to-morrow I screw,
The day after that the engine comes in;
And oh! I am glad that nobody knew
That the name I am called is Rumpelstiltskin!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »
This is my fiend Akio's Super 500. He is living in Japan and ever since the earthquake I did not get a response from him. Where did you get that pic from? I wonder if it was taken before or after the catastrophe?

As far as I remember, it has a 550 Suzuki engine built in and all the rest is custom made. Aki also makes phantastic Messerschmitt models. I had some pictures from years ago when he was building the Super but I have never seen it finished.

Best regards

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

I dont remember where I found them, and cant seem to be able to track it down.

It was a forum where someone said "this is what I saw" not a post from your friend.

I hope you two get in contact soon!

JP
Mopeds:

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 01:31:03 AM »
I don't know the guy, but it looks like all is OK from this page which looks like the owners blog with the latest pics showing the car taken in May.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/kinoshita1560/folder/1397627.html
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 10:21:49 AM »
Ah! It's one of those green pick up trucks designed by a toy manufacturer. How many windmills do we have to build in our best countryside for each one of those?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »
Somebody I know works for the main manufacturer of wind turbines designing the turbine blades. He was moved over to the head office in Texas where he says they all drive big pick up trucks like them and leave them running all day long in the car park to keep the air con going so it is cool when they leave in the afternoon.

it does not occur to them how much fuel they are using.

typical

chris thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 12:49:41 PM »
The best thing about Texas is the Alamo. I think only 9 of the defenders were actually American, most were British plus other nationals. So you can take anything the Texans come up with with a pinch of salt. Making wind things and causing pollution is probably about right actually. The lone star state 'cos no other b~~~~r likes them. Bit like Oxfordshire actually!

This unprovoked attack was sponsored by the Mexican branch of Mosques R Us.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs