Author Topic: Bisbi National Rally ; BSB france 25-26 august  (Read 28841 times)

fibreglass

• Occasional
Re: Bisbi National Rally ; BSB france 25-26 august
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »
Hi Jean do

Do you ever move your rally west as we are around 700km away so actually nearer to the UK ?
You might attract some uk visitors, Brittany is a nice area for microcars as it is not too hilly.
Would love to have come over to your rally but will be back in the UK at that time this year but maybe next year.

Thanks
Mark

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 07:58:16 PM »
Ooo, A sort of Brittany Spares, Mark?

I think the first target to get back into things could be DWacb in Belgium. This is a pretty easy run over and need not be to expensive. Great to go with 3 to 5 cars in convoy.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

fibreglass

• Occasional
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Hi Al

I am afraid Belgium is a good run for us, just done the trip to Dunkerque, it is nearly 400 miles.
St Malo is easy as it's only about 40 or 50 miles away but taking a big old lorry on Brittany ferries is not too cheap.
We can get all the way to the UK and back again including ferry and fuel for little more than the one way ferry crossing with Brittany.

Thanks
Mark

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 08:40:51 AM »
Brittany Ferries used to be subsidised, didn't it? They always seemed a bit expensive to me but the folks had a property owners card which discounted the prices and as they travelled with a cabin etc. the saving beat P and O. Of course now there are less routes over than 10 years ago.

As to Belgium, I was being a bit selfish and thinking south of England. France is a big country and I was amazed to find that it was easier driving to Mannheim from Faringdon than it was from my folks near Cahor. Effectively it is motorway all the way save about 10 miles. Whilst rural France is a joy to drive through and a good average speed can be kept on the A and B roads it is still a long way.  Yet to do a Belgium Rally, depending on location, you can do more miles in the UK than in Belgium. It is the ideal starter rally for those who fancy going abroad in a microcar but have not the confidence to dive head first into mid Germany, say.

Thinks. Are you over here during the weekend of the National? I really ought to make a visit to your emporium.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

fibreglass

• Occasional
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
Brittany Ferries certainly seem to have gone up in price, we used to have a property owners card before we got the lorry but when you use a lorry to travel backwards and forwards, most of the time it just isn't viable especially with the dogs as you cannot do St Malo to Portsmouth with a lorry and dogs, large van is no problem.
We find the tunnel is easiest but the lorry with dogs is not allowed so when we came over earlier in the year we used a van on the tunnel and it worked out very cheap if booked in advance. It isn't quite cheap enough for you UK guys to nip over to France for the cheap diesel but the way UK prices are heading you never know  :)
We are over here now until after the national so you are welcome to pop over for a look, won't be able to show you everything as I have a lot of stuff including a few cars upstairs above some of my units but when I did some building work converting another unit I lost the access and seeing as I am not to worried about getting them out in the near future I haven't bothered putting in a new access. I have several crammed in my other workshop, you could probably just about see some of them.
I will see you at the rally.
Thanks
Mark

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 06:47:11 AM »
thank you friend for your interessed ... knows that we were at DWACB rally this spring, , with 700 km to go there , in 2010 microcar treffen zurich 400 ... as my job keeps me on meeting during the commercial season, i don't look at distance when i want to go ... just have to find free weekend ..
and as there are not many " pure" microcars rallys in france ( we are the only one ) switzerland, belgium ... have to choose as possible .
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derniers jours pour l'inscription ... cloture Mercredi 22 aout ...
last days for registration ..... ended 22th wednesday ...

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 07:02:03 AM »
http://www.creusot-infos.com/article.php?sid=40174&mode=&order=0

here is the 2012 Bisbi National rally 's star !

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:32 AM »

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 08:31:18 AM »
Hello Jean Do,
          We held a 'pure' microcar rally in France every two years for eight years. Unfortunately not many French attended. We had many people from UK, Austria, Germany, Holland though. Giles Deloge was the only French regular.  Michel Humbert also came a couple of times and a couple of others.
         Jonathan and I past the area of your rally on saturday on our way back from Norway with the unknown Tiger on board. It would have been great to pop in, but we didn't have the details and no internet accesss. We stayed overnight at a Formule 1 hotel in Lyon. Luckily the trailer was still there sunday morning. We then went to look at a dismantled schmitt nearby.   Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 06:53:35 PM »
I guess you are more central, and have more owners near you. Our event was in the far south. Having said that, we had over seventy people at each rally who came a great distance.  Why did you never come along  Jean ?
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
Dear Jean Do

I hope all went well at the rally

Looking at your photograph, what is the car on the left in the back row. It looks very interesting.

Keep up the good work

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »
Looks like a David to me.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster