Author Topic: Microcars at Large book by Adam Quellin  (Read 5711 times)

Trident

• Quite Chatty
Microcars at Large book by Adam Quellin
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:12:38 AM »
I see that Amazon are selling Adam Queillin's new book "Microcars at Large" at a £5 discount even before it is available in the shops.
Due to be available 19th Feb. you can pre order one now for less than £9. Just read the preview on Veloce's website and already spotted several
incorrect facts. Oh dear.
Also watch out for Mike Dan's A-Z of Scooters and Microcars later this month. Also by Veloce Publishing.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Microcars at Large book by Adam Quellin
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 09:34:29 PM »
I just received a review copy of this book and have only glanced at it for the moment.
From the outset it appears to be a rather nice Primer on Microcars with a good attempt to illustrate the differences between models and different markets.
I'm not a big fan of the "bubbly" layout, but overall I would recommend it to someone new to Microcars who wants to learn more.

What facts did you find incorrect?  (again, I have not had time to actually read my copy)
was it perhaps an item like this?:

"Isettas were never sold in their native Italy"

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:04:07 PM »
I tend to agree about the layout, finding the colour coordinated text hard to follow from page to page, but at least they covered the Nobel, although I would have like to have seen a Frisky.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 05:39:19 PM »
Any conveyances in it?