Author Topic: Bond Minicar Part  (Read 2446 times)

daveraab

• Just Starting
Bond Minicar Part
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:31:11 AM »
First I want to thank everyoen for helping me get the motor rebuilt and running.  I am very happy with the result and here are a few pictures.

This car is a 1965 Estate or Wagon and I am looking for a right hinge for the rear hatch.  The one I have is too pitted to chrome.  So if anyone has one for sale or can point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it!

Thanks
David

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Bond Minicar Part
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »
And we can see the electrics in place complete with a 'modern' capacitor. Pity the old ones are unobtainable but one of the easier things to get round.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

daveraab

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »
Well then if you look closely, you will notice the regulator is mounted 180 degrees off.  I did this for 2 reasons.  In this position, it puts the regulator futher away from the cylinder and subject to less heat which I thought was a good thing.  Also, there are more connections on this side and putting it on the outside makes for easier wiring.  It does put the condensor on the wrong side and I had to add a length of wire to reach the coil.

I see one of the little screws that holds the reglator cover on has vibrated loose and is now gone forever!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 07:35:27 PM »
Looking good. :)  I assume you're already tried the Bond Owners Club for the replacement hinge?

http://www.bondownersclub.co.uk/
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »
Hello David,   Your Villiers 250cc engine looks brilliant. They are excellent engines and go on and on. I have a 9E on my Bond D with a 250 top end. It refuses to explode even though it gets driven to within an inch of it's life.  Enjoy it. Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.