Author Topic: Q Pod  (Read 6980 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Q Pod
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »
I think it must be a Q pod ( just googled to see what you were talking about ) that a young guy around here whizzes around on , is it 50cc minarelli or the like ? looks great fun but TERRIBLY unsafe in his hands . he seems quite ok about the fact that he has turned it over "many" times . the sides and indeed the roof are quite badly scuffed where it has scraped the road surface ! he stops and chats sometimes when my cars are out and i hear , and see, the latest scrape with death - he's and absolute headcase
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »
Is he a relation to Clarkson?   :)
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

bubble999

• Occasional
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
That is so sad when they just trash them there are people out there who would love to own one.We have no been very far in ours but not that unsafe if you drive them the right way.Gary.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »
it is sad, but like I said earlier they do seem to appeal to a slightly different type of person to a micronaut, and they have possibly been designed to appeal to the "fun" element rather than any real "usefulness". Just like Quads, which do have uses but are very often used just for mucking about. To be fair though, once bubbles and micros of the 50s and 60s had been used for a few years, people would pick them up for £10-£20 to have a few larks in, and many ended up trashed in fields.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
i don't think the guy near me knows you can go around corners on three wheels . i can hear him coming about half a mile away and usually hide  ;) 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 04:27:02 PM »
Has he the racing edition, the Senna Pod? Was he given it at Chrimbo in a hurry? Mine would be slow and marching on its stomach.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
Hi all just added a Q POD to my little collection has anyone know anything about these and if anyone has one in the Suffolk area.Thanks Gary.

I had the four-wheel version (340cc Lombardini engine) a couple of years ago.  I've recently found the information pack that came with it and will post it to you if you PM me your postal address.

Regards
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.