Author Topic: Another Peel on the market.  (Read 9832 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Another Peel on the market.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »
I think the real ones are in the spot light really. Thinking back to last years open day when your car and a certain half built rep was along side, it was no contest as to which one folk were admiring!

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 11:32:21 PM »
yer you do have a point.
  on the talk of fixing the peel i am ordering parts now and i am gong to get it re sprayed later this year and so when you come over it will be running at least.
 but yer i do thing that as long people don't mistake replicas for originals i am happy with the replicas.
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 07:55:46 AM »
I would be happy if we had a replica of the 1981 National Microcar Rally at Burford. Happy with the no date limit. Then all those replicas could prove they had been at the rally and be worth a lot more via Hypocrites Auction services, fantastic!

Alternatively pop them in the guest cars line up/area where they belong, along with the kit cars and such, and leave the real cars the pitch they are entitled to without interruption.

Better just mix it all up and get folk cross furtalising and talking. Gain for more interesting day each than talking to marque bores positioned in the rows to swoop on the unsuspecting.

With the right Flipper at the RUMcar day there could be 10% Equine content, Richard.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs