Author Topic: Another BBC Schmitt Based Clip!!  (Read 5164 times)

DrewS

• Chatty
  • Young(ish!!) Micro fan
Another BBC Schmitt Based Clip!!
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »
Another Clip from the good old BBC! but this one is a bit special. It is what started yours truelys interest in all things micro and specifically schmitts whilst I was still in single figures (that and a chance meeting with a schmitt during a holiday at the ripe old age of 7!!) The interesting bit begins at 2.15 and lasts about a minutes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLVh_Z3YJDI&feature=related
Late 63' Tiger Nose Schmitt pilot (In need of some TLC) 2004 Smart Roadster wearer (Yes it is a microcar at 698cc!! - Sadly Gone :-( ) Fiat 500 Owner (Tempremental, Poorly Built and with a wiring loom made of chewing gum and Spaghetti!!) and future Isetta or Trojan Owner ( As pocket money permits!!!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Another BBC Schmitt Based Clip!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
nice one  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »
Very nice clip

Lesley Ash was on TV this morning and they showed a clip from  Quadraphinia - There in the background (behind Sting) a yellow Schmitt.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »
Another Clip from the good old BBC! but this one is a bit special. It is what started yours truelys interest in all things micro and specifically schmitts whilst I was still in single figures (that and a chance meeting with a schmitt during a holiday at the ripe old age of 7!!) The interesting bit begins at 2.15 and lasts about a minutes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLVh_Z3YJDI&feature=related

Oh, I thought I posted that a little while back, I must have forgot! I know I put it on my facebook gorup, thats way I'm probably thinking of.

Have a guess who's TG it was. Guess who's driving. Guess who had to put a plaster over his 'tache, and put a blonde wig on.

Shame we sold the car... It was my dads fave TG. His current TG will be the same colour.

By the way, earlier in the show there is a 175 in the barn (was also my dads, he jsut bolted 4 fibreglass TG wings on since the miovie wanted the car to be restored in the film)

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 09:43:48 PM »
Funny enough I saw a schmitt on ITV4 tonight, its was in an old episode of Born and breed. A nice deep red/maroon one parked up as a couple of characters were having a picnic. Anyone else see it?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 09:49:17 PM »
Great clip, thanks DrewS.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »
It was great fun doing that episode with the Birds of a feather crew. It was 1990. They wanted Tracy to drive my TG, but I said no way. The only other option was for me to put a blonde wig on, a plaster over my moustache, and wear her coat. I felt a wally, but at £850 a day I'll dress up in anything. The TG I have now will loook exactly the same when finished I hope, as I loved that car.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 10:12:30 PM »
Your TG does look very nice and that colour suits a TG. My other favourite colour on a TG is canary yellow. It is funny how different colours suit different cars. Yup, I too would drag up for such a booking.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »
Which is worse. A KR175 with four Tiger wings on or having your moustache taped over? Sort of things they get up to in Essex, though, I guess. Of course Groucho did the opposite and Red Bull wasn't invented so wings were not an option unless you were Harpo who was the 175 of the Four Marks brothers.

Can I just say I have been edited out of both BBC and ITV films and ended up on the floor. I claim my Oscar as best non supporting prop.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »
I was edited out of demonstrating my timpani when they were featured on Tomorrow's World.
Can't blame them really!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »
I was edited out of demonstrating my timpani when they were featured on Tomorrow's World.
Can't blame them really!

I was recorded vocally for TV, b ut they cut me off... I was used as a translator on the news (bubble car thing). I have a few DVD's, containing the original, the one with me translating, and a few "behibd the scenes"
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:41 PM »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »
a lovely piece of film - thanks
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
Seen it, but always fun to see it again, cheers.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 09:51:18 AM »
In period and treated with no respect!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs