Author Topic: Bath Microcar Rally 2012  (Read 21492 times)

chrispbug

• Occasional
Bath Microcar Rally 2012
« on: January 27, 2012, 07:15:37 PM »
Fri 06-07-2012 to Sun 08-07-2012   Bath Microcar Rally - 27th event
Gates open from: 12.00 on the Friday
Venue: Keynsham Rugby Football Club
Venue Address: Crown Fields, Bristol Road , Keynsham , BS31 2BE

Website - www.bristolmicroclub.com Always a good do with great camping facilities. Clubhouse on site and cafe 1/2 mile away for breakfast. Rally opens 12 noon on Friday 6th. Road run on Saturday and main show day on Sunday. Autojumble and club stands. Camping cost is £15 plus £5 rally entry. Everyone welcomed. The Bristol Microcar Club needs as much support as possible so please support this rally. Last year's rally was very well organised by Wynford Jones and supposed to be the last one due to lack of funds. Thankfully due to a good attendance and various generous donations the 2012 show can take place. Over the years we've all had a cracking time at this show (Victoria Park, Dryham Park, Stothert and Pitt and now Keynsham Rugby Club) and I feel we need to get this rally back on the map on a more permanent basis. Come on, don't be shy - give it a go - who knows you may enjoy it again ! 

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Bath Microcar Rally 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
You will find the Club at this  corrected website ....  www.bristolmicrocarclub.com
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:44:44 AM »
Dear Rob

What ever became of Horrace Batchelor with his eye perm system

Chris Thomas

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
Hello Chris,

There was me thinking you were too young to remember Horace.  ;D

Horace Cyril Batchelor (22 January 1898 – 8 January 1977) was notable in the United Kingdom during the late 1950s and early 1960s as an advertiser on Radio Luxembourg. He advertised a way to win money by predicting the results of football matches, sponsoring programmes on Radio Luxembourg. His spelling out of Keynsham, a town in western England where he operated, made it famous.   (Spelt K . E . Y. N. S . H . A . M )

Rob.

Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 11:48:03 AM »
No, passed me by. I remember CEEEEDAR WOOOOD!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 09:01:24 AM »
So it is Bath rally this weekend, just in case you forgot.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »
Lets hope the weather is good down there, otherwise it could turn into a bit of a scrum!!!

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
Well quite!  A bit like the Coast to coast moped run I did two weekends ago, a months rainfall in one night! Didn't dampen our spirits though, a fantastic event!!  No cabbage fields, just breath taking scenery! How about a coast to coast micocar run?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »
Dear Bob

Would that be Southend to Ramsgate, or Great Yarmouth to Kings Lynn?

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »
Well a Canvey Island coast to coast would be handy for me! ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »
 Wirral coast to coast river mersey to river dee. About 10 miles  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 08:31:08 AM »
If that was the run across north England then once Tinnions is up and habitable, which might be as early as next year but more likely the year after, then along with AP there can be the offer of additional activity and space to enhance the trip north to participate and yet knock back on costs a bit. This would be at the Cumbrian end.

Down here a coast to coast is going to be about 70 miles to get to the start as I am nearly as far as you can get from the sea. On the other hand it means I am nearer more places.

I was rather eyeing up the round Britain run actually. Maybe the two could be joined together with a shorter stint for those coast to coasting. That would probably mean Weston Super Mud to Lowerstoft or something though. Not the most attractive set of roads and a fair old step.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »
Yes, it was Hartlepool to Whitehaven.  It was a two day event, first day ended at Alston which is about half way and featured a wonderful stretch of Pennine descent. Day two was Alston to Whitehaven via Penrith and Cockermouth where my front brake clevis pin broke and I had to do a twenty mile stretch with rear brake only! There were stop points at about 20 mile intervals. I did the run with a couple of chums, one of which conked out after just four miles, a gudgeon pin clip had come out and mangled his piston, the other guy did the run without incident on a Velosolex with the aid of much pedaling, a hero in my book!!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »
Weather for most of the weekend was crap, despite which there was a good turn out on Sunday morning in the car park.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
More pics
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"