Author Topic: Dates List 2012  (Read 8942 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Dates List 2012
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:58 PM »
I have started compiling my list of dates of Microcar related dates for 2012. Forming up pretty well but a few gaps. Scotland, German Messerschmitt Rally, RUM, missing and Berkeleys seem to have a dead website. Bonds are live though, hurrah, and a few events for them.

The events are very biased to the East of the country this year as the new Bubblecar Museum has increased the calender with three events in Lincolnshire to add to the East Anglian National and the regular Maniacs activity. The central and west can offer only Bath, MOC at Stourport, Bonds at Evesham and MEC at Toddington.

I can recommend Popham, 7th May, for those southern based with a driving machine in May. Fizz to Whizz drives in to about a 1000 driving classics. They do not do trailers. Perhaps my favourite day out and a limited number of passes from the MEC if not from the organisers as it has got to popular for the health and safety mob.

If I can follow Jim J's advice I will try and paste the list up for editing.

Big Al
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
Re: Dates List 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
What a great idea! I have pencilled in my diary the German Isetta meeting 24 - 26/08/2012 near Weiterstadt, wherever that is. It is about 10 days before the autumn term starts, so theoretically it should possible for me and the family.

I was hoping to make the Retromobile this year, 1 - 5/02/1012, but that is very unlikely for us now.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:00:43 PM »
Dear Al

I am always searching for events to list in Rumcar News events section. I would be very interested in using your list to keep readers informed.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:38:58 AM »
Try and attach the dates
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »
Copied and pasted.  ;D

DATES FOR 2012

February

1st to   5th -Retromobil, France

March

2nd to  4th -Vehikel Utrecht, {Autojumble and Shows, both of which can be done over a long
  2nd to  4th –Salon Antwerp,  {weekend as previously done. www.ciltd.co.uk

17th to 18th -Grand opening of the new Bubblecar Museum, Langrick, PE22 7AW. See
                    www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk 01205 280037

21st to 25th  - Essen, Autojumble and Show. www.ciltd.co.uk

April

5th to  9th –Bonds at The Doug Ferreira Memerial Easter Weekend, Evesham. Dave Miller
                   01386 882327

5th to  9th –Reliant Owners Club Easter Rally, Ripon Racecourse. www.micromaniacsclub.co.uk

12th to 15th –Early Season Rally, Thirsk Racecourse. Jim Jamieson 07912 579278
                   www.micromaniacsclub.co.uk

20th to 22nd– Belgium Bubblecar Rally, Hotel Fauwater camp site, Kasterlee, Flanders. 40 Euros
                    entrance not including overnightings. Booking needed. Andrew isetta300@skynet.be or
                    Patrick patrickvanmol@skynet.be – late advice booking technically ended.

May

4th to  7th -  Reliant Owners Club Rally, The Rose and Crown, Holbeach Hurn, PE12 8JN

7th -  MEC at Popham Classic Car and Fly in day near Basingstoke. Autojumble, cars,
                    aeroplanes, flying. Contact Pete Derby for ticket.

19th to 20th - German Scooter Rally at the Bubblecar Museum, Langrick, PE22 7AW. See
                    www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk 01205 280037

19th to 20th – Spring Beaulieu Autojumble.

25th to 27th - The 2nd National Bubblecar Museum Rally offering a full weekends entertainments
                     including a band for £23 at Langrick, PE22 7AW. See www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk
                     01205 250087

June

1st to   5th – Bond Owners Club Rally and AGM. Details to be announced,
                    www.bondownersclub.co.uk

1st to   4th – Reliant Owners Club Rally, Stoke Priors Sports and Country Club, Bromsgrove,
                     B60 4ALT

7th to 10th – The Northern Micro Rally – details to be announced www.micromaniacsclun.co.uk 

10tt -  MEC day at GWR Toddington Station. Tony Yates

22th to 24th – Heinkel Trojan Club Ltd. National Rally based at the Bubblecar Museum, Langrick,
                     PE22 7AW. See www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk 01205 280037

25th to 28th – 29th Heinkel International Annual Rally, Salzbergan, Germany. Contact Mark Fisher
                     www.heinkel-trojan-club.co.uk

28th to   1st -  Rays Rally, High Laning Caravan and Camping Park, Dent, Cumbria. LA10 5QJ
                     Ray Glenndinning 01274 200782

July

6th to  8th  -   Bath Rally, Keynsham, BS31 2BE. 3 day coverage with road run and normal activities.
                    Wynford Jones 01823 490666 www.bristolmicrocarclub.com

12th to 15th – MOC International Messerschmitt Rally, Lickhill Manor Caravan Park, Stourport-on
                     -Severn. Details to follow. www.messerschmitt.co.uk

20th to 22nd – Jim's Heinkel Trojan Club Ltd Rally, details to follow.

27th to 29th – Bonds at Loxwood Weekend, Sussex, Sue and Les Gore 01256 842797

August

12th to 17th – London to Venice microcar trip based on that of 1958 'M.P.H.W. Bubblecar to Venice'
                     run. This will be via the Alps. Organised by Nick and Ant Poll. It should provide
                     reasonable mileage a day and accommodation for each night. The dates allow for a
                     relaxed drive over a free route back to take in the Burgundian Rally.

20th to 30th – Bonds Abroad, Isle of Weight this year, details June Day 01256 842797

24th to 26th – German Isetta Rally, Weiterstadt.

25th to 26th – Burgundian Microcar and Scooter Rally, this event is limited to about 100 people in
                     part as being French the food makes up an important element of proceedings. A rare
                     chance to see machines of complete Gallic whimsy all in one place.

25th to 26th – DWAC Rally somewhere in Holland. Details to come.

September

6th to   9th – 38th National Microcar Rally, Rose Farm Touring Park, Great Yarmouth, NR31 9JS. A
                     departure to the East coast near the Broads with thanks to the East Anglian Microcar
                     Club. Details to follow. Martin Galea 01603 639268 martin.galea@btinternet.com or
                     www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk

8th to   9th – Beaulieu Autojumble.

14th to 16th – Christmas in September! Drax Social and Sports Club, Selby. YO8 8PJ Bob Bareham
                     01724 710747

October

November

December
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »
Great, well done Rob!!

All we need now is the date for the Rumcars open day.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 03:47:29 PM »
Still do not get it.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 06:35:59 PM »
RUMCAR OPEN DAY will be hopefully as usual the last Sunday in July, that is the 29th July.  That is of course with a lot of help from my friends!!!!!   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
Hello Al,

This is what I did. Left clicked/held to blue line all the words of your events list, (sometimes comes up as black as your list did). When all the text is blue (black) I then right clicked on the coloured text, up comes an options box, left click the word 'copy'. Then on your Rumcar Topic listing right click, up comes a box with options, left click 'paste' and up it comes on your listing.

Rob.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:14:42 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
Hip doody. So I well try that next time. More dates coming in so it will need modification unless it gets taken or edited into a separate page for ease of finding. Interesting that manipulating it has altered the justification.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 07:02:31 PM »
It would be good if these dates could be put in a separate place to be kept updated rather than in the general chat of the Forum.  Who is clever enough to do that for us please?  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »
Not me, unless it is done with nails and wood!

If it were done with Chris T he could just lift the page and pop it into his next publication updated and ready to roll.

The second issue is to get the list round those clubs who have an interest. I have contacts with some but not all.

The third issue is sadly we have missed most of the yearly media backed almanacs as most Micro clubs are slow to nominate events and do not efficiently network when the do. Most do not tell the media either. Thus in general the advertising of Microcar Rallies is very poor, including the National. No one organisation takes on the roll of liaising with the media to stand in for the individual clubs either. So the general classic car owner is in complete ignorance of the events and possibly therefore of the fact there is a club or local organisation that could be of use to him. Seems a no brainer to me but this has been the case for years. Now it no longer bothers me greatly for reasons previously stated about events but I just think of the guys on the ground doing all the work who are not getting the full reward for their efforts, occasionally from a managing committee who really ought to pull the bung out a bit more to support those who do the work on the ground, be it local or national. This year I have only pulled the list together as I was asked to by the MEC. I used to do it to publish on my website as a service but that is currently defunct.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »
DearAl

I spent a few hours last night taking most of your events listings and put them into our magazine format for the next edition. However your point about notifying the major classic car mags is a good one. We do exchange magazines with some of them but not all, so it is down to the clubs to push their event through their event committee's. Like whot we does!!!!!!!

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
A situation which does not happen in most cases since an events committee does not exist nor even a PR position on the main committee itself. A great reason for having a National MIcrocar Club rather than dispersed, and more often than not, insufficient talent bolstered by a few nodding heads duplicating work through a range of small clubs. A well visited topic to which the answer is - to many independent vested interests to become a uniform entity. Upshot. Loss of ground for most owners with NMP being a governing management strategy. Still its NMP either now having pointed it out again.

I forgot FHthingeydoobreyC Drive it Day on the 22nd of April. Local enthusiasts events round the country.