Author Topic: Huf ignitions  (Read 20092 times)

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
Re: Huf ignitions
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
We were just about to put a N.O.S. Huf switch on with a Buy It Now price of £450 when I noticed Barry Rossiter has put a N.O.S. one on at £375 ! I'll watch his and see what happens.    Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »
Still want to know how many levers in these locks?  >:( I have a parts lock with 4 remaining levers but there are 6 slots, so am I missing any?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 06:25:23 AM »
Not sure these switches are rare. What is more likely is having key and switch and the ability to restore them. That and that people are clearly buying parts as investments now. Good news for those who have well stocked shelves but not for those restoring cars. I begin to believe Andy when he says a Schmitt is worth more in bits than restored from the reasonable wreck you found taking into account effort. That is proof positive that restored Schmitts are in fact suffering a depressed price!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »
a Schmitt is worth more in bits than restored

The same could be said about a Nobel, consider the price of the number plate light, ignition, steering rack... all sort after parts.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »
i think barrys ad reads too negatively really . honesty is one thing but he almost infers there could be something wrong with his item . i am sure it's not the case but inviting doubt .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
Could be why the underbidder hasnt snapped it up!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
Could be why the underbidder hasnt snapped it up!

Up to 460 now! Could be shill bidding if the underbidder hasnt bought it.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »
Well, I've put one on as well. I don't expect it to sell, but you never know.   Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 12:40:20 AM »
Hmm, thinking about what i can do with my storage of 10 of these ignitions nos?
Anyway i should  scrab them ,ey  ;D

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 03:31:59 AM »
no wonder the prices are so high!  a few people have stashed away all the spares!

that reminds me of a story-
many years ago I was at a meet and Ken Weger was talking with someone about their recently restored Isetta.
They got to the ashtray on the dash and the owner mentioned how expensive it was to purchase.
Ken said something like "Oh I know, I found the last batch of them overseas and bought them all!"
To which I replied: "Well, that would explain why they are so expensive now."

I think I ruined his story because he gave me a dirty look (well, that is how I recall it...)

oh well, back to discussing your retirement plans.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »
Control of supply is a prerequisite to profit taking. Or in other words money goes to money. If you cannot afford the rates you are out of the game until the items are of no great value any more. Trouble is if most are out of the game who is interested in looking at the stuff in museums or meetings as there are plenty of other cheap things out there to play with until the moneyed come along to buy that game unto themselves. Most fun is in leading a trend not buying it up afterwords, or worse, watching from the sidelines, in my book, and of course it can be profitable into the bargain if you pick your new trend well. Alternatively you service the new well priced market with quality services or parts as you might know what you are doing having been in at the start. All things have a lifespan and cannot get in a HUF over it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
found the last batch of them overseas and bought them all

Put it this way, if I'm at an autojumble and see a mass of items that I know are scarce, I'll buy the lot! Though on more than one occasion I've had sellers reluctant to sell me the whole batch, deaming it unfair to other punters. Hmmm.... if it's for sale why not sell them all to me!!  ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »

Put it this way, if I'm at an autojumble and see a mass of items that I know are scarce, I'll buy the lot! Though on more than one occasion I've had sellers reluctant to sell me the whole batch, deaming it unfair to other punters. Hmmm.... if it's for sale why not sell them all to me!!  ;D

Likewise and indeed so. Swines one and all, but then you put yourself in the position to buy the lot by getting out of your armchair and doing something constructive!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 10:11:03 AM »
I know its a free market and that dictates the prices but its pretty frustrating for someone trying to restore a car on a budget when he know that some greedy so and so is sitting on all the spares to finance his mortgage! In the past I have given parts away for free to genuine people restoring cars, the favour tends to come back when I need things, this is how the hobby should operate. Cooperation not racketeering.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 11:57:22 AM »

Thats what my dad done with the NOS ignition switches! I dont think he has any NOS ones left, he sold a few and fitted others on cars.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi