Author Topic: Keeping the Register Updated  (Read 2845 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Keeping the Register Updated
« on: February 04, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »
This is the time of year when hopefully the subscriptions for RUMCAR NEWS come flooding in. On the bottom of each subscription form there is a section for YOUR CARS, and this year there is an added column for DOCUMENTATION. I know that form filling is a bore and I want to assure you that I am not just being nosey.  The information gained from these sheets is often a very great help when I am struggling to get some new membersí car recognised by the DVLA ñ the fact that other similar vehicles are on the Register  with V5ís or V5Cís often strengthens our case .  Even if you only have an old type log book with perhaps a Registration Number or chassis number close to the new ownersí car sometimes sways the application in our favour. The FBHVC have been good enough to tell the DVLA that Rumcars have some of the best kept records going back to 1980 of the unusual small cars and with your co-operation I would like to keep it that way.  So please if your subscription form has not yet dropped on my doormat make sure that bit about your cars is filled in completely letting me know if you have a log book (LB) or a V5 or V5C  The same applies to anyone who is about to subscribe for the first time give me as much information as you can and of course use the Registration Form that can be downloaded from this website to get your pride and joy on the REgister in the first place.  Those of your that already have cars on the Register DON'T FOR GET TO LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS IT CHANGES HANDS giving me the name and address of the new owner.  Don't rely on that owner making contact with me. I would rather hear about it twice over than not at all.  So please give it some thought have you sold a Registered car recently wihtout telling the Register about it?
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

john p

• Occasional
Re: Keeping the Register Updated
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 08:30:21 PM »
Thanks for your enquiry i do subscribe to rumcar news unless i have forgotten to pay subs my frisky is registered with you John Pelling.If i have let subs slip please let me know i should be on your records and i will settle up.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Keeping the Register Updated
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 10:40:53 AM »
Hi John, you did subscribe to RUM CAR NEWS for the year of 2004 only, at that time you told me you had both a Frisky and a Heinkel but you did not put either of therm on the Register of Unusual  Microcars.  I hope you wil remedy that now - just download a Registration form from the website.  The subscription for RUMCAR NEWS is now £14 a year for four full colour A4 magazines with 32 pages each and no advertisements.  John Meadows who runs the Frisky section of the Register now has a full page each edition and he is the man well able to help you with most Frisky problems.  Once again a subscription form for the magazine can be down loaded from the Website and the first issue for this year will be published witin the next two weeks.  Please, if you wish to reply contact me on jeanrumcars@aol.com because I do not open the forum everyday.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars