Author Topic: scootacar MK1 or frisky sport headlamp switch  (Read 10106 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: scootacar MK1 or frisky sport headlamp switch
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
not really my province jonathan but that ad says it's a flasher/horn switch i.e. immediate return switch therefore not suitable for turning lights on - only for flashing them unless its spring is playing up.

there are plenty of new 2 and 3 position lucas toggle switches on ebay though

Woops, didnt read the description, I just quickyl looked at the pic"

Yes, it shouldnt flick back.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 07:19:55 AM »
I am listening but cannot explain why after what you are telling me, one of my Nobels has a white 3 position pull switch that shows every sign of being original to the car.  The other Nobel also has a 3 position push pull light switch, but is an obvious replacement by virtue of it its textured bumpy chrome over plastic knob. 
As far as the English English- it seems that some of your more colorful idiosyncratic expressions may arise from much time spent talking over tea and crusty things with sticky, wiggly and sometimes seedy stuff on the side.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
Dear Steve

You must come over this summer and learn some more idiosyncratic English expressions.

Chris Thomas

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
That sounds like a tempting proposition.  Especially if it could be timed to coincide with an event featuring your largest gathering of Micros.
Any suggestions?  I've heard something about an annual National Microcar meet.  Would that be the one to go to if you could only go to one?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 09:10:41 AM »
I was told it was the dockside, Southampton, next Thursday.

There is a date list posted on the site and a KaRoScene. Needs slight update but one assumes the largest event will be the National over in sunny hinterland of Great Yarmouth. Interesting railway route available too.

I thought Nobel had the same pull switches as Goggo, though there is an English copy, as Berkeley, so maybe its those.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs