Author Topic: Mystery car  (Read 9788 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Mystery car
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »
As someone mentioned the word Atco, I can reveal that its an Atco trainer with special one off racer body. It does the autojumble rounds and somehow never finds a buyer, most likely because of the price!

If it is an Atco Trainer special it is no use without the left one to make a pair!

There is a standard Atco Trainer in a garage car showroom a few miles from here. I do not recall the wheels being like that though. Then memory is fickle. I have an Atco that was given to me. Quality bit of kit but it is a lawn mower you can ride behind.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Mystery car
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
If you google images Atco trainer you can see the wheels are the same, they all have that row or nuts around the outer edge and around the centre. The dish profile of the wheels appear to vary a little with the ones I have seen. Great little things, I would love to own one.