Author Topic: 2012 National MicroCar Rally update  (Read 27233 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
2012 National MicroCar Rally update
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »
38th National MicroCar Rally
6 – 9 September 2012
The 2012 NMCR will be hosted by the East Anglian Microcar Club at Rose Farm Touring Park, Belton, Great Yarmouth Norfolk. NR31 9JS

Electric Hook up per night          £16.00 (motor home/tent) per unit
No Electric per night                  £12.00 (motor home/tent) per unit
Autojumble/Club Stand              £10.00
Entry fee & Rally Pack                £6.00 per unit
Sunday visitor(s) with Microcar    £6.00 (includes rally pack) per car, including passengers
Sunday Visitors                         £3.50 per person
Accompanied Under 16’s            Free

Please note that we will have exclusive use of the whole site from Thursday till Sunday.  The site facilities are vastly superior to any we have used at previous NMCRs. There will be a large marquee on site for our use but no Bar facilities so bring your own. If you want to arrive before the rally starts, or stay on at the site after the rally, please make those bookings direct with the campsite.  For contact details and to see the site facilities visit : www.rosefarmtouringpark.com

Martin Galea, on 01603 639268 (mobile: 07777 636829), email martin.galea@btinternet.com or
Tony Pettingill, on mobile 07780 576663, email tone_recovery@live.co.uk

For regular updates check out the website
www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk

Best to experience the event first hand rather giving your excuses then reading about it later here on the forum  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: 2012 National MicroCar Rally update
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:46:15 AM »
Guilty as charged.

Certainly some interest coming in over here. It is a sort of pier pressure thing that if people are going then more people are going. The fact it has come up at clubnights and so on and there is talk of plans is good. Takes away from negative vibes due to distance. A long weekend with your local group of nutters under canvas or something with other groups of nutters rather than a day trip.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
What is the admission charge and procedure if you have to bring your micro on a trailer I wonder.
Yarmouth is drivable in the Schmitt but I would like to take the family.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:03 PM »
38th National MicroCar Rally
6 – 9 September 2012
The 2012 NMCR will be hosted by the East Anglian Microcar Club at Rose Farm Touring Park, Belton, Great Yarmouth Norfolk. NR31 9JS

Electric Hook up per night          £16.00 (motor home/tent) per unit
No Electric per night                  £12.00 (motor home/tent) per unit
Autojumble/Club Stand              £10.00
Entry fee & Rally Pack                £6.00 per unit
Sunday visitor(s) with Microcar    £6.00 (includes rally pack) per car, including passengers
Sunday Visitors                         £3.50 per person
Accompanied Under 16’s            Free

Please note that we will have exclusive use of the whole site from Thursday till Sunday.  The site facilities are vastly superior to any we have used at previous NMCRs. There will be a large marquee on site for our use but no Bar facilities so bring your own. If you want to arrive before the rally starts, or stay on at the site after the rally, please make those bookings direct with the campsite.  For contact details and to see the site facilities visit : www.rosefarmtouringpark.com

Martin Galea, on 01603 639268 (mobile: 07777 636829), email martin.galea@btinternet.com or
Tony Pettingill, on mobile 07780 576663, email tone_recovery@live.co.uk

For regular updates check out the website
www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk

Best to experience the event first hand rather giving your excuses then reading about it later here on the forum  :)

Always when school starts, so sadly I wont be there :(
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
Not aimed at you specifically Alan but trying to get in there first with a positive upbeat vibe in the hope all will continue in the same vane and you certainly have.  Sincerely hope the BUMS are present at some point over the rally 'doing there own thing' and no doubt Lord Cyphus will keep badgering away to ensure you all attend.
As to attendacne with trailers, not going to go down this route as it could end up a discussion thread in its own right but suffice to say ALL will be most welcome regardless of how their microcar arrives and there will be no difference is admission. 
Food for thought though, charge for trailers and offer a class for them and A-frames with best restoration, longest distance and Concours  ;D.  Could develop this further to cater for Motorhomes, Campervans, trailer tents and so on  :o
Yes Johnathon School will have started so that is why both my cars will do the 500 miles each way on a trailer.  Need to be in class bright and early on the Monday morning  :(

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »
thats the spirit Grant !  :) puts me to shame
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 07:10:08 AM »
What is the admission charge and procedure if you have to bring your micro on a trailer I wonder.
Yarmouth is drivable in the Schmitt but I would like to take the family.

It might be cheaper to put the family on the trailer and drive the Schmitt. Can't help thinking there is a fundamental flaw in that plan.

I had assumed that the camping availability and plot rates dropping with the return of school was the reason that this date was chosen since this is primarily a camping site. It is hard to bare the thought but that time of year a week makes a huge difference to light and weather just is it does this time of year but to a negative effect. A trade off has been made, I guess, to wait that week.
Just picking the time, place and venue for a big event is not as straight forward as some folk think as has been proved with a few classic clashes at Microcar events. The one I recall is when it turned out the road was closed to the venue on Sunday due to the London Brighton bike ride. The amusement was topped by an American visitor driving into the ditch to avoid a camper heading out. We extracted the car for the guy.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »
why don't you do all the micro car challenges at the national any more  ??? ??? it used to be really fun i think you should bring it back because people will enjoy it :D
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
Hello Jamie,

Welcome. I like the picture of your P50.

Rob.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
Hello Jamie. It was nice to see you on Sunday! You should put your point to the committee on this site  http://www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk/

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
thanks Rob

It was nice to see you to Bob and i will drop them a email thanks  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 08:24:51 PM »
Just arrived back from the rally. Great event, congratulations to East Anglia Microcar Club.

Great weather, Lots of cars, and great location.

Met up with the great and the good. Well worth going.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar news

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 08:06:05 AM »
What a cracking rally. Brilliant weather, great people, many interesting cars, first class organisation and top notch facilities.  
Sincere thanks to the East Anglian club team for a great 4 days and to all those who turned up and made the rally what it was.
So those important people in attendance doing Rumcars stuff :
Alan Budd of the Petite Register, Mike Ayris of the Nobel Register, Andy Carter of the Peel Register, Maurice Rogers of Goggo Register, Stephen Boyd of the Scootacar Register, John Meadows of the Frisky Register and obviously Chris Thomas of Rumcars news.  Jean and Tony were clearly missed along with Stuart Cyphus but hopefully next year they will be in attendance.  
A number of regular 'Forum' members were in attendance as well so suspect more from them later in the day.
Highlights of the rally: a Powerdrive attending on Saturday but missed by most that were out on the road run, a lovely Mochet saloon, lots of Sootacars and Goggomobils and Malcolm Thomas using his P50 so much.  
Pics later in the day.
Grant
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:11:48 AM by scootacar »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
sounds great but not ALL the good and the great were there - at least two were at Beaulieu  ;) looking forward to pics at least
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Axiam

• Occasional
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »
All the GOOD and GREAT where there, you chaps who went to Beaulieu really missed out.  A massive thank you to all who made me so welcome with the 126.  A great turn out and nice to see little Fiats now being accepted.  The NMCR chaps went out their way to speak to me and look out other 126 owners and introduce me to them.  Looking forward to next years rally already.
The 126 Convertible was really nice, where do I get one ???