Author Topic: 2012 National MicroCar Rally update  (Read 27236 times)

Trident

• Quite Chatty
Re: 2012 National MicroCar Rally update
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
Unfortunately we could not get to the National this year. Sounds like we missed a belter.
Any pictures of your 126 at the NMCR Axiam?

Axiam

• Occasional
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 07:46:17 PM »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
the Beaulieu thing is no really out of choice . Beaulieu dates were known well before NMCR .Beaulieu was running many many years before the NMCR was thought of .  the NMCR committee chose the same weekend ! mike has a stall every year , the same stall every year , if you do not have the same stall every year ( and siting is ALL important ) then you may not get a stall or may get a very inferior one for many years until a prime vacancy comes up again .

was not meant to be a rant but this is in case it was thought that some had CHOSEN to take an odd decision . Also odd that the NMCR was outside of school holidays , it isn't normally . anyway wish we had been there  ;)   

outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »
Soft top small Fiats, Jolly nice, nah, ha!

Question, Is it now worth cutting down genuine 126 into cabrios now? Maybe one takes a Bis and lops the top off before popping in your super whizzo aircooled engine? A Bis is not a microcar and is not worth that which an aircooled 126 is, especially a good early one. Perhaps it should be done in Birmingham by Bangladeshi mechanics and be called a Fiat Balti? Buying a real Jolly/Gamine/Biancina etc is an expensive option.

Great that the National shared in the stunning weather. Even better for those on a week's hols. Goodness, the faithful needed a reward after what seems several years of damp, wind and discomfort, and that was just the in house catering! If you arrive in a positive mood, easier in nice weather, it is much simpler to have fun.

So would this be as true if the 'correct' weekend had been selected? Does not matter as the organiser has the prerogative to organise within the remit of the NMCR committee. After that it is personnel choice if you attend or not. Want to change things, attend or petition said NMCR post rally meeting and persuade them to change their strategy. I agree with Richard and so do many others but sadly it is simpler to vote silently with feet rather than with a constructive representation at the right time. Meantime I celebrate that everyone had a great weekend whatever they were doing.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
"So would this be as true if the 'correct' weekend had been selected? Does not matter as the organiser has the prerogative to organise within the remit of the NMCR committee. After that it is personnel choice if you attend or not. Want to change things, attend or petition said NMCR post rally meeting and persuade them to change their strategy. I agree with Richard and so do many others but sadly it is simpler to vote silently with feet rather than with a constructive representation at the right time. Meantime I celebrate that everyone had a great weekend whatever they were doing."  Big Al

I agree wholeheartedly with Big Al.  There are so many events around the country now it is always a problem to select a date for a Rally which does not clash with something! Our Open Day always seems it clash with an MOC event, but unfortunately the last Sunday in July each year suits our organisers the  best. With the NMCR it is not always possible to book a suitable venue on the date YOU want and so choices will always have to be made.  What does it matter if you enjoy the event you choose to go to?  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 09:06:29 PM »
So what do we think of this rarity that made a brief appearance on Saturday ?

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »
Thanks for posting the photos, would love to have gone but wrong weekend for me as well. Great to see a lovely Powerdrive as well!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 01:12:33 AM »
As being new to the Microcar World Thanks for the Great pictures! I would have never known that some of these cars were ever made!!
1958 FriskySport

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 06:12:33 AM »
So what do we think of this rarity that made a brief appearance on Saturday ?

Powerdrives are awesome. It will probably need a lot of filler if its going to be restored, probabvly hard to get all of those dents out, even if its ali!

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 07:40:47 AM »
Dare I say this.

What is it about rare microcars being displayed/pictured and toilets? Last year the important and possibly starring Allard was next to a toilet all day. I was pretty annoyed about that as it should have had pride of place. Now we have a Powerdrive next to the bogs, either that or it has a girt Ladies sticker on the extraordinarily clean windscreen. I know its a pleasant change from a background of campervans but....

Also is this a very very large Powerdrive or is the person very small? A Father Ted moment, strangely discussed in a caravan.

To the Powerdrive itself. What a great looking car they are. Why, oh why did it not get a bigger engine so as to really offer a niche market of motoring. The Coronet did little to answer the issue but loose the key styling points. Give a Powerdrive to an American with a budget and you will find out what it might have been as they are not shy about CCs. Would not be a microcar though.

As to the body, give it to Jim Keniston and it will need nigh on no filler. Costs money though. As such a rare car it rather deserves to be restored carefully if it is possible. Still think that it would look good in polished ali saving the weight of paint. Interesting rear bumper.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »
Ssshh we've been keeping it quiet  ;). Great pics love the one of the winsome ugly duckling gazing out over the beautiful swans on the lake  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
looks like a lovely rally but i couldn't be there because it is in term time, maybe next year you can do it during the summer holidays. :P :P :P ;D ;D if it is during the school holidays next year i promise i will be down.
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

ukblitz

• Occasional
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
A few pictures I took at the National 2012, fantastic meet, a credit to those that organised it  ;D  just managed to snap the replica Brütsch Mopetta, with its 50cc engine as it whizzed past, my favourite pic,
Keith

ukblitz

• Occasional
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »
Loved this, scootacar and a beer :D