Author Topic: Rumcar microcar registration forms  (Read 4941 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
Rumcar microcar registration forms
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
Received the excellent rumcar 112 complete with the flyer for microcar registrations.
Is it possible to set up an on-line registration process as it would be a lot easier to send photos and documents to provide verification.The certificates could be sent by return on-line
thus eliminating  the self addressed envelopes process.Any costs could be paid by papal.I am sure more applications would be forthcoming using this process,or am i wrong? 

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Rumcar microcar registration forms
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
Received the excellent rumcar 112 complete with the flyer for microcar registrations.
Is it possible to set up an on-line registration process as it would be a lot easier to send photos and documents to provide verification.The certificates could be sent by return on-line
thus eliminating  the self addressed envelopes process.Any costs could be paid by papal.I am sure more applications would be forthcoming using this process,or am i wrong? 

Well, I could give it a go :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to ask Alastair Lauchland his opinion first, after all he has got to administrate the syestem.  I am not sure how often he views the forum so I will send him a copy of the posting.Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Alastair

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 04:26:13 AM »
Hi

I'm in full agreement with the suggestion and have been banging on about it for some time. I feel the current set up is clumsy because it involves viewing the web site via the internet and downloading the registration form only for the form to be hand written, a stamp purchased and a letter posted. If people are kind enough to supply photographs along with their registration form I then have to scan and type everything back into digital form to enter it in the database. It certainly takes me longer and I've no doubt discourages some owners from registering if they are used to the immediacy of digital communications.
However (there's always a however) setting it up requires both changes to the web site and until recently, because it was operated on a maintenance only basis that wasn't possible. It also requires an increased use of Paypal and they charge commission meaning perhaps a slight increase in the registration fee.
Any change to the system would need to work alongside the current method of registration rather than replace it because surprisingly enough there are still a lot of owners who don't use computers.
A change like this involves not only myself as Registrar but the web designer and the accountant and Jean as you know, has been asking for volunteers to take over the handling of the accounts for some time and hasn't exactly been innundated with applications for the post, so I'm reluctant to suggest an increase in her work load .
From my point of view it's a thing I'd like to see move forward but as I say, ideas that may seem simple can involve a lot of time and effort to implement.

Thanks for the suggestion. Keep them coming and keep RUM relevent to the next generation.
Alastair

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
Swansea like original copies and will not accept photocopies etc, how this affects downloaded copies I am not sure
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
I would certainly like to see some streamlining of the system of Registering Cars because so many of the more unusual ones remain unknown to us.  However, I have not the skills to do anything about it and as Alastair rightly points out I really have to decrease my workload now.  We need more people with computer and accounting skills to help Chris, Alastair and I to devise more up-to-date methods to keep the Register of Unusual Microcars going in the 21st century.  If you feel the Register is worth keeping alive and active  please let us have your active help in these matters.  THE REGISTER NEEDS YOU   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars