Author Topic: G-wiz battery replacement  (Read 27838 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: G-wiz battery replacement
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »
I lurv the smell of two stroke in the morning.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »
Surely Barry, you must wake up to the smell or agricultural Diesel?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
just hope its only two strokes your giving it in the morning  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 07:51:09 AM »
It was a generalised answer. Just pointing out that a part of the green issue is air quality in cities.

Air is to good for them!

No one is forced to go into cities but I take your point. Things like buses sat idle on tick over to keep the air conditioning on etc. do not help. Visited this topic before.

My answer is a cop out and has been / is not to go into built up area if at all possible. The main reason I did not attend the National in Cardiff on a Beaulieu Autojumble weekend. One reason I gave up doing courier work, which never included metropolitan London, on the back of Alan's Unusual Autos, as well.

Likewise I do not do cities abroad either. So tours to a large metropolis tend not to interest me.

I am beginning to think that I might need to expand my exclusion zone to other areas with the traffic conditions in some areas. Interestingly I was following the lead vehicle on this last run and we went a route I would have not on my own as I already avoided several areas we passed through by going outside the M25 as far and as much as possible. Seems I am right to do so even though 'it takes longer'. Hmm, not so sure about that. I have an odd route to Esher when I do the conference there but it works.

Then again much of these probs would be solved if the larger roads became like a Scalextric track with electric cars! Us carrot crunchers would have to have a ICE engine and an additional licence to go off piste I guess. Now that could be green.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »
I always thought the Scalextric track idea was a good one albeit an old one. It could also be designed so that cars could not crash into each other as well.
I never had Scalextric track when I was a nipper, for some strange reason Roome stores or Upminster only sold the Airfix track system, it was gray instead of black, never caught on!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:22 AM »
If you like Scalextrics, there is a man in France, Guy, (with Messerschmitt) who has got a massive collection.  Photos on eBay

What about induction charging of electric cars at junctions and parking bays - or on the induction scalextric motorway!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
I'm told thats on its way!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:05:52 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »
Love the Isetta, pity I have no track!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
back to scalextric hows this then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-conversion-Bond-Bug-700-ES-3-wheeler-car-SUPERB-/110852435802?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Scalextrics_Slot_Cars_ET&hash=item19cf51ef5a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-conversion-BMW-Isetta-car-SUPERB-Fun-Fast-/150788376835?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Scalextrics_Slot_Cars_ET&hash=item231bb00903

Ah both from Sandbach. The motorway services that got confused about sandwiches, filled rolls and roughage to produce the worst snack in Britain, the Sandbach. My suggestion, turn off, if north to the left at roundabout, 2 miles and there is a very nice Waitrose, I think it is, which has cheaper, nicer foodstuffs. They might also have Bond Bug and Isetta scalextric cars. Not sure you can charge your G-Whizz there so you might have to suffer the services for that armed with double up plug on the few 13 amp plugs available ----, glowing red ------, here come some more, ---- boom.

Why isn't there a scalextric G-Whizz, they are electric. Job for Bob.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
Love the Scalextric cars, want to see Heinkel/Trojan and KR/TG ones!

Sandbach Services oh yes!

On tour 1980s, 3 am, road weary, low on money and hungry, so in we go for petrol and a tiny portion of greasy almost cold chips which cost 3 times as much as a normal portion of chips.

Then we leave and spot the police car near the exit and we all know we will be followed for a couple of miles then pulled over, as always! They pull us over 10 minutes later, quite friendly, just want to check, I show my docs, but they want to see what's in the back of my old VW van, so the 3 in the back open the side door while I look at the wing mirror.

First out is the guitarist 6 ft 9" tall and looks like Frankenstein's Monster or Herman Munster, he is doubled over to get out, then straightens up to full height. In the mirror I see 2 cops' jaws drop as they take 3 rapid steps backwards in uncontrolled fear and surprise. Guitarist is a gentle giant, so all soon calms down.

The checks all get sorted without too much fuss; as a musician, your journeys are virtually impossible unless you are fully prepared and have a good attitude to cope with endless pulls!

One cop comes back to me and says "That big mate of yours, does he play football?" "Oh yes", I reply, "he loves his footie".
"Do you think he would want to join our Police football team?"
"Why don't you ask him yourself?"
"Ooo, I don't like to, he looks a bit, er, intimidating like".
"Yup, I noticed you both running backwards when he got out of the van".
"Yeah, well, er, he took us by surprise...glad you lot turned out to be nice lads, we were a bit worried! Thanks for your patience, have a good tour and mind how you go".
"Cheers, bye now".

The hilarious sight of the 2 cops staggering back in terror is etched permanently in my visual memory!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »
back to scalextric hows this then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-conversion-Bond-Bug-700-ES-3-wheeler-car-SUPERB-/110852435802?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Scalextrics_Slot_Cars_ET&hash=item19cf51ef5a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-conversion-BMW-Isetta-car-SUPERB-Fun-Fast-/150788376835?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Scalextrics_Slot_Cars_ET&hash=item231bb00903

Ah both from Sandbach. The motorway services that got confused about sandwiches, filled rolls and roughage to produce the worst snack in Britain, the Sandbach. My suggestion, turn off, if north to the left at roundabout, 2 miles and there is a very nice Waitrose, I think it is, which has cheaper, nicer foodstuffs. They might also have Bond Bug and Isetta scalextric cars. Not sure you can charge your G-Whizz there so you might have to suffer the services for that armed with double up plug on the few 13 amp plugs available ----, glowing red ------, here come some more, ---- boom.

Why isn't there a scalextric G-Whizz, they are electric. Job for Bob.

Its becoming clear that Al has developed a new phobia to go along with his many others, electric car phobia, I'm sure we can come up with a suitable medical name for it. How about Andersophobia?  [Robert Anderson, inventer of first electric car 1830]  Strangely though, so far no sandwich and filled rolls phobia. ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
I lurv the smell of two stroke in the morning.

Even better if you burn castor!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
ah but can we really see sand as roughage ? has anyone ever eaten enough sand to find out ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 08:19:12 AM »
[quote author=Bob Purton link=topic=3230.msg21753#msg21753 date=1333618329
Its becoming clear that Al has developed a new phobia to go along with his many others, electric car phobia, I'm sure we can come up with a suitable medical name for it. How about Andersophobia?  [Robert Anderson, inventer of first electric car 1830]  Strangely though, so far no sandwich and filled rolls phobia. ;)
[/quote]

I quite like Dodge Chargers. Does that count as electric or green?

Prefer Gerry Anderson, the inventor of the nuclear powered car, well anything nuclear powered you could think of really. That or metal girders that could burn and explode. Also in at the start of String theory.

While diverging off topic I like the new Audi advert. Until they morph the car into a brick with a badge on it. Not sure which car that older one was. It does not look mean enough to be the record breaker that Rosemeyer lost his life driving. Interesting machine that should appeal to micronauts if only for styling. And strangely G-Whizzish in shape.