Author Topic: G-wiz battery replacement  (Read 27843 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: G-wiz battery replacement
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 08:32:48 AM »
Yup, I too love that odd little Audi car, quirky and over-flowing with character.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
Funny enough my Nephew drives a Dodge Charger, I used to think that the pleasant wharbling sound it made was the v12 or what ever it is engine turning over but it turns out its the sound of the fuel guage going down! I dont think he can afford to drive it these days and thats at South Carolina give away fuel prices.

Sounds like the Andersons were a brainy lot!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
My Texan business partner is always complaining about the price of petrol, to which I reply that theirs is about the cheapest in the world and should be given away free when you buy a few cents worth of Green Shield Stamps! That winds him up nicely!

He bought a new Ford 4 litre petrol van for our timpani business. At that time over here at the Studios we had an old 2.5 diesel (not turbo) Transit, Extra Long Wheel Base and Hi-Top. This was much bigger, but accelerated FAR faster, had more power and torque, went uphill better and used half as much fuel. I find it incomprehensible that the same company can make such extremes of vehicle performance, and furthermore the big engine in the US Ford van left virtually no room at all for the passenger's legs. And I am hardly the world's tallest person!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
But can it go around corners?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
Even with a full load our old Transit cornered better and was faster than the US one empty. Herb kept saying that he should have got the 5 litre one, he always said that US needs a larger engine because they have to cover great distances, so I had to remind him that so do Continental European ones! The European Fords just seem to be 20 years ahead of US ones.

Starting to see more electric vans in London nowadays, good thing! I am very pro-electric vehicles but do not at present have the right application for any that are currently available.

Does a G-Wiz have a heater?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
But can it go around corners?

What Marcus's legs? Yeah, when he bends them.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »

No those slots on the dash board are for toast.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »

No those slots on the dash board are for toast.

Yum, toast, humous and sliced beetroot!

Seriously though, do they have slots and a heater? How effective is the heater in Winter, and if you use it at full blast how much range does it take off? I ask this seriously, as if I were to get a car for myself and Carla her joint problem and Italian blood means she REALLY does need the car to have a good heater!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »

Starting to see more electric vans in London nowadays, good thing! I am very pro-electric vehicles but do not at present have the right application for any that are currently available.

Old to middling milk float? Is it the Four Tops? Well might be, Gold Silver Green and Blue. Though Blue is banned a bit. More likely it is the Four Tom-toms of the Apocalypse better known as Marcus de Milkboy in his drumtastic Unigate tricart.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 11:59:20 AM »
No milk floats round our way anymore, need Endangered Species protection and an owners club, Rare and Unusual Milkfloats?!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »
The Milkfloat register? Dont give Stuart ideas! We still have the electric ones round our way

Yes the Wiz does have a heater, its a bit feeble though for obvious reasons, when left on for a reasonable amount of time it does warm the inside up but not as warm as toast! I have never noticed it making a huge difference to the range. One thing about these cars is that in the winter you dont have to scrape the ice off the glass in the mornings if the car has been plugged in over night, the batteries are wrapped in an electric blanket to keep them at optimum temperature, some of the heat escapes into the cab and keeps the frost off the windows.

Glad to know you have bendable Legs Marcus, quite important for a drummer.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
Cheers Bob, sort of how I imagined.

My legs are OK but not as bendable as Carla's, hers go quite a few degrees beyond normal the wrong way, it makes my eyes water!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »
The Milkfloat register? Dont give Stuart ideas! We still have the electric ones round our way

I think it is Root that has a purvey video on Milk floats we watched at a BUMS do. There used to be a place near Bampton that serviced them and rumour has it that there are still dead ones yonder. If a reasonably solid one could be found they are pretty well made so it could be an ideal London transportation device. Only prob with Milk Floats is they are not designed with security in mind.
No doubt Marcus could electrify a more modern van but time is never available to those that do things.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »
loads of milkfloats up nawf !! no shortage up here
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977