Author Topic: 1958 4 wheel isetta  (Read 2626 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
1958 4 wheel isetta
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »
Nice unmolested 4 wheel isetta on ebay. item number 280856339508

Alastair

• Chatty
Re: 1958 4 wheel isetta
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »
I owned that car for several years but didn't get round to restoring it and sold it in 2003. Nothing's changed except someone has extracted the engine - why do folk do that?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:53:36 AM »
Because it is easier than putting it back? I am convinced there are folk out there who only take things apart. Sort of anti restorationists. Their mission is to take the viable, dismantle it and loose/break several vital parts before putting the car back on the market often with rubbish about how much the non transferable number could be worth or having lost the ID papers. Of course they expect a profit for their 'work'. So many good cars and projects have been totally wrecked by such people.

However it did allow for the stuff to be bought cheap once it was 'unsaleable' and enough of these sad remains could be formed into new complete projects to go back into the pot to be built by folk willing to collect them up and produce the opportunities. Grist to the mill. That only works if the price is bottom though. Very little seems cheap enough to do that these days but then I am not putting myself out there to do it.

It does pain when you know the car and its potential and see it has regressed though.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »
That is so true Al. Every day I look at listings, mainly motorcycles and they all use exactly the same terminology "Bought this with a view to restoring it, due to other commitments [I don't know how to do it] I have decided to reluctantly part with it but the reg number is worth a fortune" Do they know that you have to restore and mot it first before the number can be transferred? Or are they just hoping that the next buyer doesn't know? 

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
That is so true Al. Every day I look at listings, mainly motorcycles and they all use exactly the same terminology "Bought this with a view to restoring it, due to other commitments [I don't know how to do it] I have decided to reluctantly part with it but the reg number is worth a fortune" Do they know that you have to restore and mot it first before the number can be transferred? Or are they just hoping that the next buyer doesn't know? 

Yep, always the same...

A lot of old reg numbers are special to someone. If you have the reg YN 200, its only interesting to Nobel enthusiasts really.

My reg WXR 20 could be interesting to some William Xiong Roller, but no one else really would want it. Its only worth what the richest person in each "group" is wiling to pay...
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi