Author Topic: AC Peteite electrics  (Read 2618 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
AC Peteite electrics
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
I've just had a new floor and frame members professionally fabricated and welded into my 1956 AC Petite.  So now, in addition to it looking good- it is actually safe to sit in.

This means that I can soon look forward to reawakening the car from its prolonged slumber.  To do so will require re- energizing the electrical system that I have never seen with a batterry installed.  So as to avoid possible tragedy, I am requesting clarification as to my car's original batterry voltage and earthing.  That is: be it 6 or 12 volt, or positive or negative to ground.
Thanks
Steve

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: AC Peteite electrics
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
Alan Budd might be the one to ask!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »
Has it still got any bulbs?  What voltage are they?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:53:47 PM »
12 volt according to this book - THE BOOK OF THE VILLIERS ENGINE
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:58:52 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
very resourcefull of you two.
Now about that earthing question..

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 07:40:43 PM »
my only lead which is hopefully a positive one  ;) is to contact alan budd
 amsterdam65@o2.co.uk

surely you must already be in touch ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:31:49 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
Surly I have, and he has confirmed your implicit hunch that it is a positively grounded vehicle.
He has also taken the opportunity to inform me that when his passes MOT in the near future that it will be "the only Petite registered for the road in the entire universe". 
I will be pleased to double that number in the next few months even if there is another universe within the infinite number of universes of the  metaverse where there is already an AC Petite registered for road use.

To think that I felt that all I was all alone fixing up a 3 wheeled, one cylinder, two stroke, rear engined, 3 speed, 3 belt driven midships transmissioned precursor to the similarly aluminum bodied Cobras!   

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »
Beware the advent of some 100 differing kit versions of the AC, as with Cobras, as soon as it hits the road in double the numbers expected. There will Rotax, Kohler, Chinese Honda copy, Striggs with Bratton and other power plant you can think of versions based on Reliants, Type 70, Greenhouses, Ford of course, and so on. On the other hand there might not.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs