Author Topic: German rarity  (Read 5359 times)

Alastair

• Chatty

Oceanix

• Chatty
Re: German rarity
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »
This one was sold last week for 4000€ already...

It was used in an amusement park and was never registered as vehicle. At least for Germany I believe it to be impossible to get it road legal.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
Love it!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

It was used in an amusement park and was never registered as vehicle. At least for Germany I believe it to be impossible to get it road legal.

I never understand the amusement park thing... Was it just for the workers at the park to drive aout from 1 end of the park to another?

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 08:23:52 PM »
no jonathan it wasnt ! look up Rytecraft Scootacar - no link with later Scootacars - heres a kwik link
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1937-Rytecraft-250-Scootacar-Microcar-Magazine-Clipping-/290344002416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4399d9e370

these "fairground cars " were to be raced around small tracks a bit like a modern go-kart
i guess this german car was of that type , the rytecraft scootacar was developed into the 98cc car that was once in the 1920's/30's driven right round the world !they ,the english car ,were actually road legal.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »
no jonathan it wasnt ! look up Rytecraft Scootacar - no link with later Scootacars - heres a kwik link
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1937-Rytecraft-250-Scootacar-Microcar-Magazine-Clipping-/290344002416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4399d9e370

these "fairground cars " were to be raced around small tracks a bit like a modern go-kart
i guess this german car was of that type , the rytecraft scootacar was developed into the 98cc car that was once in the 1920's/30's driven right round the world !they ,the english car ,were actually road legal.

Sounds fun!
Mopeds:

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 08:21:52 AM »
The Atco Juniors were also designed to run around tracks so that children could learn the basics of how to drive. The tracks had road signs and signals for them to learn too.
Now that most pedestrians prefer to ignore pavements and walk in roads and cycles, often with babies and toddlers, and usually while talking on mobile phones, perhaps it is time for The Atco Pedestrian Junior, with similar circuits which include pavements, so that they learn where the right place for walking is!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 08:25:15 AM »
Nothing is new. We just had initiatives on the local news to teach kids the rudiments of driving like it was a new idea.

Is the front space age casting on the car actually that from a Faka scooter. It has a similar look.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »
The Atco Juniors were also designed to run around tracks so that children could learn the basics of how to drive. The tracks had road signs and signals for them to learn too.
Now that most pedestrians prefer to ignore pavements and walk in roads and cycles, often with babies and toddlers, and usually while talking on mobile phones, perhaps it is time for The Atco Pedestrian Junior, with similar circuits which include pavements, so that they learn where the right place for walking is!

Now they don't have anything to teach kids how to drive... Video games don't help at all, since they only have accelerator and brake, no clutch.

The nearest thing I can think of driving in real life is a mower. At least they have a clutch!

They really should bring back that idea of having cars to teavh young drivers. Luckily I have a dad who has a couple of Schmitts!
Mopeds:

Oceanix

• Chatty
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »

I rather thought about something like this, so-called "Steilwandfahren":
http://www.dixi-automobile.de/0204.htm

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »
in england we call that WALL OF DEATH -  iwonder why  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 07:59:40 AM »
There used to be a travelling Wall of Death doing the motor cycle shows in the UK. They indulged in plenty of backfires and drumming up trade with the bikes in front of the Wall as good showman should. Great entertainment but I seem to re call it came up for sale and struggled to be passed on to regular work. The most I saw it go towards cars was a Kart. The Bikes used seemed to depend a bit on the guys doing it. The senior sort of bloke preferred a smaller Indian single as I recall.

On one Dutch Rally we were taken to a Learner Drivers compound complete with streets and a steep hill for practising hill starts, something some of Holland has not got in abundance. I thought all this was an excellent idea. Do initial coaching on this before venturing onto the real roads. The British ended up getting into trouble for consistently belting over the hill full of amusement that you needed to make one.

It is a matter of great irritation that my great bud Geoff and I, plus other interested guys, had a motorcycle and later a car stashed at School, used in woods and tracks outside hours,  and in both cases ended up getting caught and hauled over the coals for it only to see both gain official clubs the minute we left. As a further aside, the same happened with our impromptu Forestry Group to remove dead Elms and tidy up the wooded areas (so we could run the vehicles through of course). It is marvellous how the good ideas get nicked by someone else and presented by them as new initiatives from the privilege of an inside position. I learned that lesson early but on balance prefer to be the non-conformist with ideas rather than do what the masses are told to do and shut up. Tricky to have both without responsibility I do not particularly want to shoulder so as to be thought 'a success'. A failure from my Schools point of view as I was meant to be an upper class drone bla bla hype. Well neither Geoff or did that and we seem to have had a good time and are OK.

So at some point some political knob will rediscover training kids to drive for the first time again while banning interesting little cars from fairgrounds on the basis it was someone else's idea and fun that might be dangerous.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs