Author Topic: Drive it day.  (Read 21234 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Drive it day.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 08:11:52 AM »
I
*** In those days "England" and "English" included Scotland, Wales and Ireland

It was ever thus. On success you are English. In defeat you might be English but more likely a defeated subservient celt or perhaps worse. That's why immigrants get the blame for everything and why they are allowed in by politicians.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »
If they had stayed there we might have been better off now!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 08:18:40 AM »
In a similar until the Panama Canal was made people did sometimes take "America" to mean the whole continent of North and South America, but now "America" can be used to mean North America which includes Canada, or to mean USA and not Canada
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »
did anyone do anything on drive it day ? or should i start a new topic ?  :D :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »
Well there has been little talk about DID, so I presume that many others (like me) were unable to join in. Goggo and I did it last year in our Trojans, I could re-post some pics of that if you like!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »
Go on then.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »
Oh alright then:

http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260/Captain_Bubble/Drive%20it%20Day%20for%20classic%20cars%201742011/

Note passenger in first picture, the Studios cats LIKE getting into DUF, she jumped in through the sun roof and had to be chucked out to get on our way. The problem was that it was the day of the London Snickers and almost everywhere we went was closed off. The pics by the old dock at Curry Seas show our little cars after they passed through the barriers to keep normal cars out. DUF was restored from a wreck by a previous owner then me, the grey one is all original, even the paint.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
Now THATS more like it ! thanks Marcus
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
A year old, but so what! While we were turning in one blocked off road a modern car raced up and a very pretty young woman in hot pants leaped out with a BIG PRO camera and lens to get some shots of us. As she did I noticed how lovely her figure was and [the rest of this post has been deleted, Ed.]

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 07:37:23 AM »
I think I am right that DUF did not go to rebuild the damage done by fire. If so then all will be very pleased. There must be some idea of when you might be able to get it going again now things are more stable?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 07:45:19 AM »
It's all up in the air at present. We are waiting for our insurers to settle the final bill and that might impact on any decision, and there is a lot of other building work needed for The Studios. Then there is the idea of getting a Berlingo or similar, this brought on by Carla's worsening disability, and then there is the fact that my various other activities, for example recording, are taking up so much of my time that I rarely have time to use DUF, or more importantly keep up to date with general maintenance and servicing. Not a good time to sell either. It's not an easy decision.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »
Ah! More life forces than just finance. It was ever thus. Many micros are not the easiest things to get in and out of either. Strange really as the Invacar etc are much the same size but of course the need for the access dictates the styling so much and that is one element of the Invalid Carriage that turns people off at the same time as the free design of some MIcros turns them on. All very frustrating. I cannot think of a sensible helpful answer other than winning the lottery or something.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 08:33:47 AM »
A year old, but so what! While we were turning in one blocked off road a modern car raced up and a very pretty young woman in hot pants leaped out with a BIG PRO camera and lens to get some shots of us. As she did I noticed how lovely her figure was and [the rest of this post has been deleted, Ed.]

Deleted by the ed. after a disturbing email from Squeek!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »
It's not so much getting in and out that is the problem, but I have neither the space, budget, nor time to run more than one car (as well as shared ownership of a Suzuki Wagon and Patsy Transit), so a car which we could use for shopping, visits, kipping in etc. would actually be useful, whereas DUF is a great toy and I do use it for shopping and even business for which it is far better than any other Bubble...timpani or drum kits in an Isetta, KR, Bond...I don't think so!

I plan to delay any decision until after Bromley Pageant with Goggo and Bob.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »

Deleted by the ed. after a disturbing email from Squeek!

;D
Actually she is very tolerant of my wandering eyes, even points out good looking women in the street if she thinks I have missed them. Antiques Shop Rule: Look But Don't Touch!