Author Topic: Drive it day.  (Read 21116 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Drive it day.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »

Antiques Shop Rule: Look But Don't Touch!

Antiques Shop Rule 2; Do not say 'We had one of those new.' as it means your an old man now and are publicly broadcasting the fact!

Perhaps why I have only a couple of cars older than me.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
When I reached a certain age I started acquiring nephews and nieces, giving me very good reason and excuse to spend quite a lot of time in toy shops. They have now grown up and for a while I had no good excuse. But recently I became a great great uncle* and will soon have another spell of spending more time than strictly necessary in toy shops.

* When first niece arrived I modestly decided that I was self-evidently going to be a great uncle, so now I am a great great uncle  ;D
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »
A year old, but so what! While we were turning in one blocked off road a modern car raced up and a very pretty young woman in hot pants leaped out with a BIG PRO camera and lens to get some shots of us. As she did I noticed how lovely her figure was and [the rest of this post has been deleted, Ed.]

Deleted by the ed. after a disturbing email from Squeek!

;D
Actually she is very tolerant of my wandering eyes, even points out good looking women in the street if she thinks I have missed them. Antiques Shop Rule: Look But Don't Touch!

Ah but that could just mean that she doesnt think you would stand an earthly chance of pulling them!
Antiques shop golden rule, Just dont let the public in!! Trade only!!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 01:37:53 PM »
A year old, but so what! While we were turning in one blocked off road a modern car raced up and a very pretty young woman in hot pants leaped out with a BIG PRO camera and lens to get some shots of us. As she did I noticed how lovely her figure was and [the rest of this post has been deleted, Ed.]

;D
Actually she is very tolerant of my wandering eyes, even points out good looking women in the street if she thinks I have missed them. Antiques Shop Rule: Look But Don't Touch!

Ah but that could just mean that she doesnt think you would stand an earthly chance of pulling them!

Good one, dammit!
Actually when I first met her after a gig in Rochester I was having to vigorously fend off not just one, but two other women to get to her! Where's the "Smug Grin" smiley?!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 01:40:12 PM »
yes but why is it she's so attractive to other women ? :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »
I can see that I am just NOT going to win this one, I give up!  ;D

Now where were we? Oh yes, Drive It Day...any more photos?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »

;D

Good one, dammit!
Actually when I first met her after a gig in Rochester I was having to vigorously fend off not just one, but two other women to get to her! Where's the "Smug Grin" smiley?!

What, then you woke up? :D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 06:10:04 PM »
No, absolutely true, I don't need to dream or make it up!

However the gig had been absolutely riotously good in the Two Brewers Pub, and I think that the heat in there had led the lovely ladies to refresh themselves with rather more alcohol than was strictly necessary!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
Ah that explains it, they were plastered! :D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »
The Fabulous Fezheads and their Audiences are LEGENDARILY thirsty. Faversham is the home of Shepherd Neame, the oldest and undoubtedly still one of the greatest breweries in Britain, and still run by the Neame family.

Their flagship pub is the nearby Sun Inn. Big crowds gather for the Faversham Hop Festival each year, where the Fezheads always play long sets in the Sun. One year The Sun orders 30 barrels for the whole weekend, but by 6 pm Saturday The Fabulous Fezheads and their audience have finished them all, and the brewery has to re-open to deliver more. Mr Neame gives us a tour of the brewery and a few gifts, he is very grateful for our business!
Being drummer and driver means I do not get to drink much, but then I don't drink much anyway so it all works out!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »
We are the knights who say Neame! Hmm, that sketch almost makes more sense now.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »
Some people who book the Fezheads offer food and drink as all or part of the fee.
Those that offer very large sums of money are much wiser.
20 mostly large blokes with a spectacular appetite for food and drink can empty bank accounts!

We are the Knights who say Neame. Neame, neame, neame! Fetch us..............a brewery!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »
You will have to play a microcar event some time. It all sounds fun.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:38 AM »
It WAS fun, I did 10 years and it was a gas, but too busy with my own business and recording projects now. The Sand Dancers, stuntmen and some of the "extra" musicians can cherry pick which gigs they want to do, but a drummer has to do all or none.