Author Topic: Caption competition  (Read 7514 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Caption competition
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
The Isetta world forum have been kicking this one around with no good results so I lifted it. Can we come up with a caption to do with ladders, aeroplanes and Isetta's?

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Caption competition
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »
Thanks for bringing the ladder so quickly, I've been locked in this bloody bubblecar for hours!

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
I think we will get the ladder in but you have got no chance with that plane.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
I think I mis-understood you when you said "I need to step up the ladder from a plain little car!"  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
'Don't leave me, Darling. Social climbing to a Messerschmitt is not worth it!'

Helmut is a window cleaner for Zeppelin and is married to a hoodie, See him on Jeremy Kyle next Monday when we examine his need of an unstable life.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
no darling i said STEP ON IT !!!
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »
" Hi big boy, whay can you do for me?"

"I can put sooty hand prints all over your new body"

"What about doing a loop the loop?"

" Just go into a left hand bend as fast as you can and hit the brakes."

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
Darling - are you sure with just a ladder and an aeroplane you'll really be able to make this look like one of those lovely Inters
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 11:20:15 PM »
Ho Ho!! Some good uns there, keep em coming.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 08:12:45 AM »
BMW now offer not only parts for classic aeroplanes and classic cars but also optional extras for their range of classic ladders in line with EEC directives.

(Please note it is aeroplane made from engineered metal etc not an an airplane made from gaseous substances and therefore not real. Unless an airplane is for shaving of thin strips of air, which seems just as unlikely frankly. Stop making up nonsense words, the OED has lots of spare real ones).

Shock horror as Andy Pandy and Bob the Builder elope to Munich to live in Freddie Mercury's old flat.

Reuters -
Rat catching drainage operative, Hans, 31, is thanked for letting lost Isetta driving Heidi, 25, out of Munich Airport sewage system. 'I thought it was the way to Venice' said Heidi, who is very thick. 'It smelt right and I know there is a tunnel somewhere that goes under the mountains'. It later turned out she got confused between the ADAC road atlas and 'Alice in Wonderland' which was why she was dressed as a white rabbit. The owner of the airplane is an American, 52, but is only making a guest appearance in this caption.

After millions of Euros spent in meetings Germany readies the accumulated aid for the Greek hand out to repair their broken economy.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 09:01:13 AM »
Concise pithy captions there Al! Funny too. Yes, they are aeroplanes and not airplanes unless an aeroplane is a bladed tool for shaving down bubbly chocolate bars?!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
That feels nice Luv, but I STILL say only one of them is a Heinkel !

Al, we are British and we say say Aeroplane and we invented the word! Do you now talk about Railroads? What is wrong with you man, it might be good enough for our colonial cousins but it does NOT cut the mustard here!

Repeat now, after me, join in singing the lines of the classic old song:

The English The English The English are best
I wouldn't give Tuppence for all of the rest
 ;D
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »
i say tomatoes  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

Repeat now, after me, join in singing the lines of the classic old song:

The English The English The English are best
I wouldn't give Tuppence for all of the rest
 ;D

Now that is a favourite song. Where the Pub Landlord got his idea for 'you know where you are... ' running jokes from?

Actually my father got me into trouble on Railways as he was from Essex, so called them Ra'ways. Taking this on face value I could not understand why I got into trub at school where the queen's English lengthened the already well pronounced word to Railwhay. On being challenged I expressed the assumption it was called a Ra'way as it went somewhere and made a row. Done for taking the pee! So no real silver spoons round here, only jumped up East enders.

If you have driven an American 'sports' car you would understand why they are Railroads. They even have fast cars called Rails I believe. The only way the things go round corners is if some outside force makes them. I do not want a car that corners as if it is on rails. I want it to corner as if it were part of me. Yet this is the country that offer NASCAR where the whole point is that you need to feel the car cornering and it has overtaking and stuff like F1 doesn't. Brilliant. Shows they can do things properly if they try hard enough.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »

Now that is a favourite song. Where the Pub Landlord got his idea for 'you know where you are... ' running jokes from?

Actually my father got me into trouble on Railways as he was from Essex, so called them Ra'ways. Taking this on face value I could not understand why I got into trub at school where the queen's English lengthened the already well pronounced word to Railwhay. On being challenged I expressed the assumption it was called a Ra'way as it went somewhere and made a row. Done for taking the pee! So no real silver spoons round here, only jumped up East enders.

If you have driven an American 'sports' car you would understand why they are Railroads. They even have fast cars called Rails I believe. The only way the things go round corners is if some outside force makes them. I do not want a car that corners as if it is on rails. I want it to corner as if it were part of me. Yet this is the country that offer NASCAR where the whole point is that you need to feel the car cornering and it has overtaking and stuff like F1 doesn't. Brilliant. Shows they can do things properly if they try hard enough.

A little long for a caption I think....