Author Topic: On the road at last,  (Read 5587 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: On the road at last,
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »
Will the mad Reliant Safety Seven owning projectionist be at work in the Great Yarmouth old cinema during the National?

What has a Hazelnut in every bite? Nothing like a wondering squirrel poo bar thread.

Film, What about 'Postman Pat and his black and white sawn off' by Sam Peckenpower?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »
Cheers Rusty, it certainly does look great.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »
Cheers guys,
I have my mellow side as well  :-[

It wasn't registered in this country, I bought it last year and after a puzzle with the brakes got it sorted, then  MOT'd by a bloke who certainly knows his arse from his elbow.
Dating letter was a struggle, but I had a mate who deals in Lambretta's and is an authorised body for DVLA.
Then the inspection, p*ss taking, and half hour later the paperwork issued  ;D

Tops out at 50KMH, which is fine in Weston, as traffic is the biggest issue, but hills are a pain.
But I can live with that.
I was gonna sell it, as it has taken so long to get road legal, but I took the family out to a car show in it on sunday, and 3 up, we still loved it :D
So its staying for a while.
Goats have been no where near it, my moobs wouldnt survive the bumpy lane to our field in what has to be the hardest suspension I have ever felt :-X

Weston odeon is old and delapidated, but as all in out town, heritage is king.
You cannot update or improve, to be able to do this it seems you have to buy, accidnetly have a fire and the get a free hand as you wish.
Must have been at leats 6 accidental fires on historic buildings in the last few years  ::)

I hope I have answered most questions,
I shall re-read tomorrow and check  ;D

Cheers.
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
More like Weston Super Flare then. Zip restorations on listed buildings is a noticeable pattern in these harder times.

Glad the effort has been worth it and you can get some use from the car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 04:20:17 AM »
Nice!  Glad it's back in service.
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway