Author Topic: Alaska Sweet Find - 1958 Goggomobil TS400 Coupe manual floor shift  (Read 12239 times)

barbiealaska

• Just Starting
Re: Alaska Sweet Find - 1958 Goggomobil TS400 Coupe manual floor shift
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »
hi friends,
yes, i listed it on ebay and i got a bid, so i am happy, hopefully it will sell. Momma needs to add some cash to my airplane fund. Bit really i just want it to go to a good home and be returned to its former glory. I think it a rare one with american specs TS400 with that floor shifter, I did some chatting with some american goggomobil folks. I have looked around for alaska to find that goggomobil or micro car enthusiasts, sent out some emails and such, but have not found one.

Shipping a car to the lower 48 really is not that expensive compared to just shipping around continental US. I can back haul this back to any state in the lower 48 for about 1200-1500 give or take, i think shipping around US continental is around 800-1000 give or take. We shall see, heck I would help haul it to them to get it to a good home for restoration.

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice and help when i posted here and if you all every come to alaska, come have a moose roast and caribou strips at my house for dinner :)

I cant wait to see the auction end, I think it will sell for like a gabillion dollars :) haha
barbie

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Alaska Sweet Find - 1958 Goggomobil TS400 Coupe manual floor shift
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »
Well, Dwayne, if you brought it to Chicago, it would cost you at least $2200 for fuel alone, assuming you somehow got 10mpg down and 18mpg back.
Not to mention the amount of time/hotel costs involved driving 7000 miles.