Author Topic: sharps minitruck  (Read 8999 times)

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
sharps minitruck
« on: May 09, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »
Has anyone got pictures of the minitruck from Byards Leap I have seen Tony Searle's in books  I see they mention 3 remaining ?earlier on in this forum. We have one bought in 1996 and would like to make a start on it but its missing a few items
Thank you
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: sharps minitruck
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:27:22 AM »
I have a couple though not particularly revealing, one front view and an interior shot, have you checked the bond owners club? If you have an email I'll send them to you.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »
Could you post them here so we can all see them? Please!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »
You've probably seen the ones on the net, but just in case there are two pictures of it on Nick Wotherspoons website, perhaps he has more?

http://bondcars.net/Minicar%20Mk%20B.htm

Otherwise, there's this main picture from the auction and you can just see the car in the background of a couple of the other lots.

http://www.goldingyoung.com/catalogues/MS181008/page1.htm
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »
Forgot to include the photo
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 07:16:46 AM »
Cheers Rusty!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
Seem to remember this car now resides in the Jesada Technik museum: http://www.jesadatechnikmuseum.com/product_detail.php?qid=117&v=1 so one could try asking for pics from them, anyway auction pics attached.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »
Cheers blob, nice pix!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
There were several different minivans , not many made of each , some based on the Bond Mark B as the photo's above  and some based on the differently styled Bond Mark C. come on Issysuy give us a clue which one you have . lets have some give and take  ;) by the way the one pictured above should have a much neater bonnet badge escutcheon ( love  that word ) as per this pic att.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »
Thanks for the photos I have no photos of car at the moment will get some posted I see this one has a door, mine and the one in Nicks book do not have
I have two of the Bond  badges but not sure if they are correct as it is technically called a Sharp's not a Bond and the complete star shaped piece is still on the car
Shame its gone abroad not many A's and B's left here now I was a member of the Bond club and will be rejoining again soon
Just getting back into micros I also have a bubble window Isetta (I have had this for 20 odd years)too which needs sorting but its all there including its log books and I know all the previous owners 
There that will give you a bit of an idea about me. I am completely hooked on micros and always have been I like talking to people about them, into Fergie tractors too
So how many trucks are in the old country and have they found any vans yet I know there is a family saftey saloon and Bob in Shrewsbury had the remains of one when I spoke to him a few years ago

Thanks Gary

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 06:29:08 PM »
Just spotted this thread from 2004, regarding the Byards Leap mini truck: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/milko/message/1335 maybe this 'brian' has some pics, as the link relates to him following the restoration.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 07:53:35 PM »
if its the same shaped bonnet i.e. no wings like later Bonds it should have an ally escutcheon ( there goes that word again  ;)) and centre badge like in the blue bonnet photo. i just happen to have a badge for sale  ;) all early Bonds were made by Sharps Commercials - they later changed the company name to Bond Cars .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »
Interesting about the badge as they were sold as Sharps commercials still that is what asking the questions is about thank you for the offer of the badge but I have 2 already thank you Gary

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 09:47:59 AM »
if its the same shaped bonnet i.e. no wings like later Bonds it should have an ally escutcheon ( there goes that word again  ;)) and centre badge like in the blue bonnet photo. i just happen to have a badge for sale  ;) all early Bonds were made by Sharps Commercials - they later changed the company name to Bond Cars .

Some years back there was the great Scottish Micronaut, Cambell Escutcheon. Strangely on moving south to the environs of Gloucester he seemed to take a step back from Microcars. Pity.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 06:09:42 PM »
Ah Campbell, I met up with him two years ago in Bloomsbury at a postcard fair, he is a postcard dealer dont ya know,  he sold me a moped and thats the last I heard from him. Nice guy! Maybe the postcard dealing has taken over from Micronauting?