Author Topic: Villiers air filter wanted.  (Read 18596 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Villiers air filter wanted.
« on: May 14, 2012, 02:19:48 PM »
Hi all. I'm in need of a villiers air filter for an S25 carb but its the type that has a butterfly choke section in between the carb body and the filter. Not the common type that clips straight onto the carb. Can anyone help please?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Villiers air filter wanted.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
hi bob . if this is what your after a pic might help - if not it won't  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »
this could be more of the same helpful - or not
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »
Its the one in the first picture Richard. I know this because I did have it but gave it to someone restoring a frisky last year as they needed it more that I did at the time. I'm just hoping someone can return the favour, I'm quite happy to pay though!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:17 PM »
Its the one in the first picture Richard. I know this because I did have it but gave it to someone restoring a frisky last year as they needed it more that I did at the time. I'm just hoping someone can return the favour, I'm quite happy to pay though!

We only have spare one like the 2nd pic, but I may use it on my mower, depends what other pieces I need.

While on the subject, I am looking for a few villiers parts: Carburettor "lid", clutch pushrods, dynastart rubber (one that fits in casing), clutch center springs or late type center.

Also, anyonez know how to wire up a fwd+rev dynastart on the villiers engines?

If I find a choke Bob, I will tell you.

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 07:30:18 AM »
an illusion boys both the pic from the Gordon manual and the photo of my Gordon filter are the same device . will keep an eye out Bob

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:11:54 AM »
Ahh, the second pic must be the first one but with an outer cover. I can buy a modern one for a fiver if I have to but thought it would be nice to have the right one.
Jonathan, I dont need the choke, just the filter.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
At last a picture, been looking on the net for a photo of the thing, will have to scour Beaulieu for one then!

thought it would be nice to have the right one.

... always better to have the right one Bob, so whilst on the subject what's the advantage of this design? Is it simply to aid better airflow?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:22:19 AM by blob »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
I guess the many pleats of material form a larger surface area but in a compact unit. Easier to draw air though and takes longer to clog up?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »
dont know about covers . the manual is an artists impression the photo is reality . no "material " its all steel mesh

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 09:47:21 PM »
Yes, steel mesh material!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 09:51:12 AM »
At last a picture, been looking on the net for a photo of the thing, will have to scour Beaulieu for one then!

Use Beaulieu pads to clean your air!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
Yes, steel mesh material!

Its still a mesh if you get the wrong one.

Nothing wrong with Wolverhampton's version of K and N high performance filter material. Just add oil is the motto for the black countries finest products. Only a whimp likes an oil free floor in his garage or shed. That's why its the black country, perhaps.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »
Here is a picture of the air filter I'm looking for. Attached to an 11e engine. There must be one out there somewhere. It fits over a 40mm collar.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:12:28 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 10:14:14 PM »
obviously same size connection , to the butterfly choke ,as the gordon one but it is very different being more " pancake" than cylindrical - would it be a trials item i wonder ? have you tried villiers spares - they seem know everything . good blokes too !