Author Topic: Beaulieu Spring Autojumble 2012 - last weekend  (Read 3112 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Beaulieu Spring Autojumble 2012 - last weekend
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »
another interesting and enjoyable weekend was had , mike and I also blob attended. the usual "unobtainable" frisky and scootacar switches were obtained  :) i also found amongst other things a cream parking light switch off a Heinkel /Trojan - i think also used on goggos and schmitts . a brand new messerschmitt wiper motor was found and an early Bond Raydyot headlamp. Happy days  :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:25:49 AM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Beaulieu Spring Autojumble 2012 - last weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
Great to hear it was good! I was with Squeak in Kent at the weekend for her birthday, but went through Beaulieu on my way to Lymington the previous weekend helping my Dad clear his attic for a loft extension which was starting the next day. If only her birthday had been the opposite one to helping Dad I could have spent some time at all three places! I saw a Lomax on the M3.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
there are very few places to be reached by going through Beaulieu ! - lovely area but a long way from home
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
I leave the M27 one exit early and go through Beaulieu, rather than the "normal" route through Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst (where I was born). Lyndhurst is a terrible bottle-neck, especially at week ends. I love going across Beaulieu Heath, and on it is the remains of the WW2 air base Stoney Cross, and there I first steered my Dad's old Rover 100 and Bedford CA Dormobile while sitting on his lap, driving along the runway and dispersal areas.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 01:01:14 AM »
Yup, great weekend, yet another batch of Frisky Sport Wipac dash lights were discovered and a mint Frisky/Scootacar door latch, only the vendor refused to sell it too me! You do get some strange folk at Beaulieu, who put stuff on their stalls but don't let you buy it. Anyway got quite well tanned so not all bad. Found a big pile of Huf ignitions too, alas not Schmitt more likely VW  >:( having an SC key code.