Author Topic: ALLADINS CAVE  (Read 8864 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
ALLADINS CAVE
« on: May 27, 2012, 12:43:50 AM »
i have eventually got around to listing some of my bits on ebay , starting in the main sunday evening, no idea if i am in the right ball park on some prices but who does ? a lot of these items a very hard to find so lets hope it was worth the effort - it was fun either way  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: ALLADINS CAVE
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:00:28 PM »
Can't see any of the stuff in your picture separately listed on ebay, just some old books and Bond bits and it's 19.10 in the evening.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:10:31 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »
all scheduled for 8 - 10.00 tonight  ;) have you ever tried scheduling 28 items PHEW
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:14:25 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
Oh, so you've paid the extra 6p per item to be listed at the same time? I did 30 once, but made up the ads over the week before. I now wait for the free listing weekends for anything over 99p.
Are those rear lights at the top of picture genuine Wipac?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:21:08 PM by Rob Dobie »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 07:24:10 PM »
yep wipac . no 6p never saw the option it took me the best part of 18 hours to photograph n list - chose diff finish times so i can sort n pack any items for the post . as it happens next sunday is followed by 2 bank holidays so no hurry

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
Could have a punt then. Thanks.

Just been having 2 days fun giving away some of my 200 piggy banks. Left them on a table at the top of the drive with a notice, "FREE. Take a piggy bank home today. PLEASE."

Great fun watching the antics of the people taking them without being noticed. Got about 140 to go over the week. Snort, Snort. Oinck, Oinck.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:36:42 PM by Rob Dobie »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
you should have put it on youtube  :D sounds fun i might try it with this lot on ebay  :D

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »
Wow, i thought these switches were worthless pieces of crap, I think I have a couple on my mower!

I think they were also on Nobels, mine had them, and my dash wasnt really bodged.

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 07:30:26 PM »
ah the innocence of youth  :) presume you mean the little heinkel /messerschmitt/goggo switch - presume you don't have all the other switches on your mower it must be like a mods scooter !!  :D

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »
ah the innocence of youth  :) presume you mean the little heinkel /messerschmitt/goggo switch - presume you don't have all the other switches on your mower it must be like a mods scooter !!  :D

Yep, forgot to attach the link ;)

I have light switch, starter button, kill switch, but I will add more for when I fit the Villiers engine.

Not quite a mods scooter ;) It does have a mirror though! One of my friends wanted to work on the mower when he was over, not finding any small jobs he could easily do I picked m,y schmitts mirror (the one that I was going to change anyway!) and he put it on. All I can see in it is my leg, but who cares!

We have a load of ebay stuff to list, we just havent gone around to list them!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
Ebay listing does take up a lot of time. What with that and the fees I wonder if it is really worth it for cheapo stuff and unknown items. Most of Richards stuff should come up to snuff so it will be worth while. I have probably 50 misc bits of niff naff like scooter cables, gasket sets etc. Do I feel lucky? Time was you would save this stuff up for an autojumble and bang it out for a few quid a throw. Trouble is that potential £100 in achieved sales is the cost of attending the autojumble now. The guy I was wholesaling boxes of this sort of stuff too has stopped jumbling now as he is not making much money any more. Yet I am reluctant to chuck it out, which is, economically, what I should do. Now my foot has gone off again, the reward for climbing ladders to get stuff stored on a mezzinane floor down, I might have time and boredom drive me into action. Then again sat in the sun is good as with several Bank Holidays coming I assume it will start raining again.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
Thanks for taking the listing and my bid off ebay for the Wipac rear lights without letting me know, Richard. Very businesslike I must say. Or is there another reason?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:42:55 AM by Rob Dobie »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »
hi rob extremely sorry i had no idea who the bidder was - you cant tell . john meadows contacted me yesterday to advise me that ithey possibly werent the correct one for Frisky . we exchanged messages . after confirmation that they were not , although they look the same they dont take the right bulbs.
i withdrew them at 7.30 this morning having had johns  confirmation overnight . what else could i do but await the message from the irate bidder !!  i will be reposting them as 6volt motorcycle lights - which i now believe correct .
as far as i know there is no way for a seller to contact a bidder to explain such a thing - but there is a way for a bidder to ask questions of a seller . i am of course extremely sorry and offer humble apologies but all was meant to be entirely straight and above board  :(