Author Topic: Bubblecar Museum Rally looking to be great success in hot weather.  (Read 19952 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Bubblecar Museum Rally looking to be great success in hot weather.
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »
...few more

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:23 PM »
Great stuff, the middle one in particular looks almost like Southern France basking in the sunshine!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
Yes I quite agree but there where elements of Holland too, canals and flat super conditions, very pretty scenery only hardly any landmarks, thankfully quite a simple route but definitely an area where a sat nav maybe useful.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 02:17:36 PM »
That bottom pic of bubbles through the cow parsley is very arty mike!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
Great pix and videos cheers all! 1,000 cc repro Kleinschnittger wow! Hope it has stronger wheels, bearings brakes etc than the originals!
Good to see actor Donald Pleasence's younger brother enjoying a drive in Thumper!

Yes, Not the first time I have been likened to Donald Pleasence, All I can say is "Splendid"! [The Great escape"]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:59:25 PM by Bob Purton »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »
 ;D
That bottom pic of bubbles through the cow parsley is very arty mike!

The bubbles would have been bigger had you not speed off up the road, almost crooked my neck taking that one out of the side window!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »
Wish I was there, looks extremely fun!

We couldnt go, too busy in UK, picking up Tony Marshalls Frisky etc, but had a great trip, seeing and meeting some microcar people, and had a ride in the back of Mark Smith's original TG500. I don't ever remember being in a TG500, so this was sort of new to me. Its a giant improvement to the KR200, can't explain how cool it was!

You'll be amazed how much crap we managed to stuff in the Frisky, pics soon...

I love the picture of the "microcar garden", reminds me of old microcar find pictures! I also spot a Nobel currently being restored ;)

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 08:31:32 PM »
older brother i thought  ;) course with his eye sight problems in great escape it could be donald himself in thumper - explains tha cabbage thing  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
Cheeky blighter!!  I did very well staying off the cabbage fields as Lincolnshire is  cabbage fields from horizon to horizon!
There were a few scary moments on those road though, on a run out on the Sunday we were on a road between two canals and there were some horrendous road subsidence dips which you don't see coming and as one of your wheels drops about a foot suddenly it feels like the car is going to be thrown sideways into in the canal., Planty screamed like a girl !!  ::)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »
nothing new there then - arf arf  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »
What a load of old tosh! You do exaggerate something rotten. I merely gasped at the sight of one foot of weeds between us and the drop into the canal!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »
Should have given Andy the hedgehog skin as the hat. Ultimate in Punk hairpieces. Indeed just the thing for any domed car, not!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »
No, it has to be Donald Pleasence's younger brother....The Great Escape film was made 40 years ago and EVEN BOB does not look as old as Donald or his older brother would look now if they were still alive!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
Great pix and videos cheers all! 1,000 cc repro Kleinschnittger wow! Hope it has stronger wheels, bearings brakes etc than the originals!
Good to see actor Donald Pleasence's younger brother enjoying a drive in Thumper!

Yes, Not the first time I have been likened to Donald Pleasence, All I can say is "Splendid"! [The Great escape"]

'KILL BOND! NOW!' best 007 baddy in 'You only like twice'. Also heard after Mike put the hex over you after the canal incident.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 02:26:58 PM »
No, it has to be Donald Pleasence's younger brother....The Great Escape film was made 40 years ago and EVEN BOB does not look as old as Donald or his older brother would look now if they were still alive!
Well I'll take it as a compliment, at least he was a movie star and played a master forger, quite handy in my line of work!