Author Topic: AC Invacar spares  (Read 30343 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: AC Invacar spares
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
So what is your recommendation for the timing position AL.  I will have a look at my four cars and see how they are set-up.
One of the scrap cars is definitely smooth and responsive.

I did not answer the question, re reading the thread.

I had to pass on my manual when I sold the car now in use in Lincolnshire and am waiting for the internetless Stuart to get more copies made up. I made a tool up to do the timing which I just use.

I think it was between 4mm to 6mm but I will have to check. The pulley seems to only carry a mark for TDC. However have both plugs out and check as there are differing pulleys and the might not all be marked the same.

I probably do not need to tell you to turn the engine beyond the measuring to take up the backlash as it rotates forward to find the firing point. I simply use the spark to initially set the thing up. Off course the dizzy rotates (if not botched!) to alter the timing by undoing a clamp.
Once measured up properly and the pully marked then active timing can be done to find the best point. Then the carb adjusted after some use for best performance After several re-times and resets it should be on the spot. The problem is that with the tuning being out the tick over gets erratic and often to fast to keep the engine running. Then the transfer gearbox cannot be selected without turning the engine off first. See the scribble on the Scottish Type 70 for sale by classified and eBay where the car exhibits this exact problem.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
Thanks for that Al.

I'm just negotiating on your old Model 70 body & chassis (no engine) looks like the chap that bought it has given up on the idea of fitting a motorcycle engine.
Up to £12.50 on eBay but should be worth at least twice that..............!

Barry