Author Topic: pseudonyms , alias's AKA  (Read 3848 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
pseudonyms , alias's AKA
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
not for the first time on this forum i have made a mistake identifying someone . i attempted to send a scootacar query to stephen boyd . i did not know stephens email . looked on the members list . thought i identified grant, thought the other most obvious one was stephen - messaged him and received i thought a rather curt reply , though you can read into messages what you will, the message stated  " i am not stephen ! " . as it wasn't stephen the reply i received has no worth really as i don't know who the guy is ! why the secrecy ?
yes most of us still have pseudonyms but in the members list you will find my full name and email address - just don't get the hidden identity bit ? am i missing something
dont mean to slight the person i messaged at all - thanks for your reply - but as i say  i now know your not stephen . thats leaves several hundred million people who you might be . 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: pseudonyms , alias's AKA
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »
Hi Richard,
Was not me who received your e-mail.  I would not have replied so politely  ;).  Been called a lot worse than 'Stephen' though  ;D
Grant

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 03:28:05 PM »
by me certainly . well who is the other scootacar1 . and does he know  his stuff or not --- sits back and awaits abuse   :)

anyway does anyone know stephen boyds email address - thanks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:16:55 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
As far as I know 'Scootacar Mk1' is a very close relative of Stephen and therefore will 'know his stuff'  ;)
Will e-mail Stephen's address to you by private message later tonight when I get home.
Grant
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:49:22 PM by scootacar »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »
thanks grant - are you still not allowed home ? having escaped over the wall to attend the very wet Nottingham Bond Rally .nice to see you again anyway

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »
Alas had to go home on Sunday night as us up hear in the north had to go to work on Monday.  Off today though, so off on my travels again.  Clocked up 900 miles since Friday and still 150 to do tonight.
Good to catch up with you to Richard.

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »
http://scootacar.org.uk/ contact details can be found here!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »
Thats the problem with the internet!

Thats why I'm often "JonathanPoll"
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »
thanks grant . will contact stephen.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
Just a thought, he might be Steven, Richard. That does not help does it?

Being accessed to a forum hidden behind a pseudonym is a bit like earwigging gossip in the saloon bar of a pub from the public bar. Nothing really wrong with that but it is not as interesting as being part of the discussion being listened too. However it is free entertainment and all sorts of factoids can be learned. Probably better than the average TV soap for instance. Are some of these guys cringing on the PC in the background from successive soaps they are not allowed to interrupt at pain of death from the missus? Now you feel sorry for them don't you? How they wish they were allowed even a campervan to attend a rally but in reality silly cars are banned pretty much and a campervan means a trip to a 'nice camp site' to meet 'those nice' folk who are as equally interested in soaps, unstars and soon to be out of date clothing rather than doing man stuff. Also forum watching is cheaper than hiding in the pub these days. Why do they not tax soap operas?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs