Author Topic: Peter Agg  (Read 4423 times)

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
Peter Agg
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:24:44 AM »
I was in bed reading the June "Classic & Sportscar" this morning and it mentioned that Peter Agg had passed away in March. As most of us will know, he was responsible for the production of the Trojan 200. He was 82. 
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Peter Agg
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »
Sad news, thanks for informing us.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »
indeed . i didn't know . thanks nick
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »
indeed . i didn't know . thanks nick

I would have thought Dave H would have told you. He went to the funeral and reception to represent the Trust. The HTC Ltd was not represented due to some confusion over allotted tickets - it was a big occasion. As previously mentioned Dave is now in receipt of much of the balance of the entire Trojan works archive plus some remaining exhibits from the Agg collection. The family chose this as the best option of looking after the records. This large influx of records has to be assimilated into the existing archive and much work to present this as a referenced collection has to be done to allow the records to be simply accessed. It is likely a book is to follow.

At some point the hidden facts of the Trojan buyout of the Heinkel production business will became available. Quite in what form I cannot say as the Trust is so large it is in need of funds to finance the storage and upkeep of the collection. So it may appear as a Trust production newsletter or pamphlet. Already there are some interesting revelations.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs