Author Topic: My Ariel 3 for sale  (Read 3833 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
My Ariel 3 for sale
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
 And now, for your delectation, up for grabs is my 1970 Ariel 3. Yep, the very same one which was dumped on my doorstep last year because the former owner was so deeply ashamed to be seen anywhere near it. After a year of ownership, I have now decided to move it on as I try to raise money to get to Jean's Open Day at the end of July...

To give a run-through of the Ariel's credidentuals, it is rusty. The petrol tank is history & there are holes developing on the top of the rear bodywork. The drivebelt is missing, hence I have never been able to run the engine, though said engine is free, as in not seized. Air filter is missing. Brake cables all need replacing. Front brake is seized on. It also seems to have stopped standing up straight too. No paperwork and reg number is not on DVLA as bike has been standing since 1976. Bike itself is 1970.

So now we come to price; As mentioned, I'm after money to hire a van to get the Peel down to Jean's so it can make its public debut appearance on the lawn on 29th July. Said van will cost in the region of £100 to hire...  I'm not expecting this really crumby Ariel to make anywhere near that figure, but I am calling for BEST OFFER OVER £30 BY THE END OF JUNE. (to cover the cost of the three brand-new BMX tyres & inner tubes it is currently sat upon.)  If no intrest is shown, it'll go on eBay at the start of July.

Buyer must assume Ariel is buyer-collect from Witney, Oxfordshire, but there is a slight possibility I can deliver it to School House Farm on 29th July. This will depend on if it makes enough money for me to hire the aforementioned van to get it there! (see above).

As ever, I can be contacted on invacar @ yahoo.co.uk or via the forum's messinging system...

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: My Ariel 3 for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:47:17 PM »
And I have a brand new original tyre for an Ariel 3 and possibly a tube. Might cost more than Roots Ariel though!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: My Ariel 3 for sale
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:29:06 AM »
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!  And yes it did indeed bring in enough to hire a van. Next stop; the lawn, School House Farm, 29th July...