Author Topic: Wanted: Messerschmitt "eagle" badge  (Read 5710 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Wanted: Messerschmitt "eagle" badge
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:11:27 AM »
Hello,

We are looking for a second hand "Eagle" RSM messerschmitt badge.
We brought our '55 barnfind car to a show near us, and when we arrived I realised the badge fell off during transporting. My dad remembered where he saw something flick across the road, but he didnt think it was from the schmittt. We looked for about an hour, couldnt find it. We will look again with metal detectors sunday, when we pick the cars back up. Its ashame because its the one from that car, and its been on that car for so long!

We would love to find the original badge, but I doubt we will. If anyone here has a spare original, even in bad shape, we are willing to buy or swap for rare parts.

Thanks, JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Wanted: Messerschmitt "eagle" badge
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 08:03:58 AM »
If there is dowsing skill available that might find it. The French certainly believe in it so you will not look quite as daft as you might think. Did the brazing fail on the mounting thread? Always a worry as it relies on one mounting.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »
Hello Alan, I think the nut must have just worked loose. I'm always careful not to over tighten the nut on the brazed stud and pulling it off, like you mentioned. Next time I'll use a nylock. This afternoon we might borrow a metal detector and check out the verge again.      Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »
Club replica is a daft price too. One of my nightmares.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
... even the metal detector didnt help ...
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »
real shame  :(
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
real shame  :(

Espacially when its been on that car since 1955! (well we did remove it to straighten the dents and put it the right way u[p, because ALL french RSM (early) schmitts we have seen have the eagle badge upside down originally)

We will probably have another look with a bbetter metal detector soon, that tell which metal it is, since the other beeps at other emtal, mostly beer cans.

I have asked someone who is likely to have a few originals floating around, hopefully he has one to spare!
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »
[
 because ALL french RSM (early) schmitts we have seen have the eagle badge upside

And many British ones, leading to the description of the Dead Parrot badge! 

--- Voom? Mate this dynostart won't voom if you put four million volts through it! Its bleedin' demised

No no! Its stalled

Its not stalled, Its passed on. its clapped out. This dynostart is no more. It has ceased to be. Its expired and gone to meet its maker. Its a Schmitt. Bereft of life it rests in peace. If you had not nailed it onto the engine it would be pushing up the daises. Its electronic processes are now 'istry. Its off the twig. Its shuffled off and blown up its coil, run down the battery and joined the bleedin' choir invisible. All statements to the effect of this dynostart are that it is now inoperative. This is an ex dynostart.

Well I'd better replace it, then.
Sorry Squire , I've looked 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we are right out of Bosch.

I see. I see. I get the picture.

I got a Siba

Does it go backwards?

Eer, Yeah

I'll have that one then.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Bugvogel-Messerschmitt-Kabinenroller-KR-200-KR-175-/190695319542?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item2c6653a7f6

Thanks for that, we saw that. A bit expensive, but still way cheaper than a new one, and this is an riginal! Our one was better condition, but how many chances will we have!

We may place a bid!
Mopeds: