Author Topic: The first views of Tony & Lynne's French adventure  (Read 15089 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
The first views of Tony & Lynne's French adventure
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:31:41 AM »

Home at last; Tony & Lynne, Bost du Villie, Bergonouef, France, Friday 1st June 2012

...and so it has came to pass. Tony & Lynne are at long last commencing the French Dream at Bost du Ville, in the region of Bergonouef, and I am proud to report that from 30th May to 7th June, I was chosen as the first person to see the new Marshall premises.  :)  Well, actually I was asked if I would travel out with them with a lorryload of chatterals & lend a hand with associated lifting etc, but it fitted in well with a chance to inspect the French premises on behalf of the Bubble world, so I gladly offered my services....

As some may know, Tony has bought his own lorry to carry all he & Lynne owns across the continent, and here is a view of the lorry "somewhere in France" sometime during the 815km-and-two-solid-days-on-the-road outward journey to Bost du Ville....

Having left Milton Keynes at noon on Wendsday 30th May, we arrived at Bost du Ville at 3pm in the afternoon of Friday 1st June. Of course Tony & Lynne already knew the property well having already made several earlier trips to view & sign the deal, but here follows the first public views of the new Marshall home as we take a short photographic tour around Moudlin du Bost du Ville, a former mill with outbuildings arranged in an L-shape, a stream and two acres of meadow at their disposal....

Looking directly up the drive from the main road

A general view of the outbuildings

Lynne & Tony inspect the river with the meadow beyond

For the next three (or was it four?) days, there was much to be done, with a lorry to unload, shopping to get (30km to the nearest shop!) neighbours to meet and another, earlier-delivered lorryload to collect, reload & unload from a temporary rented house in the next village.

In France, acceptance from your neighbours is paramount in building a life in that country. Several more people would confide this to me before we left England, but they need not have fretted; After pitching in unbidden with the unloading of the lorry and seeming to be having a whale of a time in doing so,  :o we were then practically press-ganged into attending the family barbecue at 8pm on the Saturday evening. English reserve saw us thinking we would perhaps be there for an hour & then we would make our excuses. Not so! The old saying "Work hard, Party hard" has never been truer as the Anglo-French party continued to nigh on 2am with grilled sousages and wine flowing freely throughout and France being introduced to the trick of hanging spoons on ends of noses. (Don't ask!) The below photo was taken around midnight, and I offer it as proof that I did my duty and delivered Tony & Lynne safely into the arms of the Bost du Ville community....  :)

Oh, and the small matter of that Citroen GS? Yes indeed, it was true. There was indeed a defunct GS located round the corner at the rear of the mill. How it would have got into that position is a mystery for our times as not even a mountain goat could easily have got to where that car was....

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:39:19 AM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: The first views of Tony & Lynne's French adventure
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:30:27 AM »
Nice to see they got there fine, and already mixing with the french! Looks like he has a lot of barn space for the cars!

One of our friends has an old 30's citroen (we think!) completely crushed at the end of his garden, stuck in bamboo! Too "dead" to tell what it is, we are even hesitating where the front is, we think its beeen "folded" over the roof! We have a screen in good condition, which could lead to knowing what it is...

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
Great news, great new home, great photos, great weather, great that it all came together!

All the best to Tony and Lynne and many thanks to Stuart for helping them when it mattered and for posting it all here. These days it's great to have some good news!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
Brilliant news. Well done Stuart. So, when's the house warming party !!     Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 09:10:25 AM »
Stuart, can you check the spelling please?! I tried to see roughly where they are on Google Maps, searched for Bost du Ville and Bergonouef and I tried changing the spelling slightly, but got no result! Is there any well known town nearby to find? cheers!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Dear Stuart

Thanks for posting the images of Tony and Lynne at their new home. How do you get to be in the right place at the right time?

I am sure that Tony and Lynne could do with as much help as we can give them. I can see a constant stream of people finding a reason in the next year to visit and lend a hand with the vast amount of work that will be needed to get them settled in. Lets hope Tony does not break anything else in the process.

Keep up the good work

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
Stuart, can you check the spelling please?! I tried to see roughly where they are on Google Maps, searched for Bost du Ville and Bergonouef and I tried changing the spelling slightly, but got no result! Is there any well known town nearby to find? cheers!

I could give you the local English nicknames for them but I doubt that would of help or be printable! Down to Limoges and then to the lower right a bit toward Clement Ferrand. A lumpy and green area of France that I suspect has pretty chilly winters. Bit of a stint from Nick's with our family gaff about half way between the two if anyone was ever there!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
The name of the village where Tony & Lynne live is St Dizier-Leyrenne 23400. ( I guess Stuart is still under the influence of the wine). It looks like my sons Daniel, Jonathan & I need to bring our three petrol strimmers over.                   Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
Cheers Nick, just had a look, wow not too far from old friends of mine near Angouleme. My band played a big festival there in the mid 1980s, but the town lost all power due to an amazing thunderstorm, all the musos busked acoustically together and it turned into one of the greatest gigs of all. The friends are in a very similar looking old farm building, overgrown with, ahem, "weeds" and somewhat tumble-down. We stayed and played there on the way down and back from Spain for a summer tour. Best summer ever! The picture of L & L having the meal looks SO like the ones we had with.....Tony and Kim.... (even the names are similar!), and a few local friends! All night eating, drinking singing and dancing, great stuff!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »
 Ah I knew there were some other names I was missing from the locality Nick, but I just couldn't think of it at 3am! St Dizier is indeed more the area where they are than Bergounouef. Me saying Bergounouef was a bit like saying Jean lives at Maidstone rather the actual location of Staplehurst...   :-*

Anyway, for the Google mapping viewers, the location to enter is Bost du Ville St Dizier-Leyrenne 23400. This will center your map over the actual villiage/hamlet/half dozen houses of Bost du Ville itself. and give a good idea of the area where Tony & lynne now reside....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:54:53 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »
Actually Stuart, I did not want to know the exact location, just the approximate part of France. It might be an idea to edit your post in case anyone uses this info to track down some nice things to nick.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
The name of the village where Tony & Lynne live is St Dizier-Leyrenne 23400. ( I guess Stuart is still under the influence of the wine). It looks like my sons Daniel, Jonathan & I need to bring our three petrol strimmers over.                   Nick.

And what treasure might be found in the undergrowth? Tony found the leat edge by dint of falling in, apparently. MIght be an Inter in there somewhere! Better still a buried Tiger as that would get the place dug over nicely.

I like the idea of the Poll family strimming team arriving by Bond with metal detectors affixed to the end of the machines on headphones. Well why do the job twice? I wonder if a certain verge local to you has been strimmed? There will be talk of space ships.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
Actually Stuart, I did not want to know the exact location, just the approximate part of France. It might be an idea to edit your post in case anyone uses this info to track down some nice things to nick.

Ah, good point Marcus. Edited accordingly....

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
Cheers Stuart, just thought it might be wise; I am sure none of the regulars here would consider doing anything, but you never know who else might read this forum!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
If its Marcus, Edited accordionly. Before you get on your squeeze box, that is a joke.