Author Topic: A very popular colour  (Read 2926 times)

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
A very popular colour
« on: June 14, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »
Here is a little quiz: What microcar does this lovely 1950s colour combination remind you of? I should imagine the answer is too easy for most readers. Nevertheless, nice to see that these colours are becoming popular again. By the way, the first picture is of the Karabag 500, a battery operated electric car based on the Fiat 500 and produced in beautiful Hamburg. The second one does not need an introduction.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: A very popular colour
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »
well it's very like the catamaran featured on the forum a while back , now who made that ........
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
Err now let me think. I've seen this combination on NSU prinz, Nash Metropolitan, and a certain ill-concieved and underpowered little plastic pig we either love or hate!  ;)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »
Hehe, I know a lad who made a site about those things ;)

I always think of them whenever I see a blue/white car... Seems to be on a few old renault kangoo's. I sure love that colour combination!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »
They are this colour so you can hide them upside-down in ponds when out of use to save embarrassment. I refer you to the Elephant and custard series of childhood jokes should you find that confusing. If you find the joke reference confusing, don't worry its an age thing associated to the era of production of the microcar version of the colour scheme making you either a crinkly or a through-back. This of course places reality on the idea of retro styling, which of course is through-back styling, because we have run out of new ideas and want our modern rubbish to look good and wholesome. Your not fooling anyone, you know. I still do not want it. Go make some new, innovative modern cars that advance the game in an economically sustainable way and I will not worry so much what it looks like as content is more important to me than packaging. Unless you have a bowl of pink custard handy, of course.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs