Author Topic: Rumcars Open Day  (Read 41439 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Rumcars Open Day
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:11:16 PM »
Here's a poster for your Open Day Jean.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Rumcars Open Day
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »
That's great Rob, Could you email it to me I will run some off.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
From the Her Majesties Ministry of Independent Car Resources and Organisations?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »
Now then folks
Just one month to the School House Farm open day at Hawkenbury. (29 July 2012) and the long term weather report looks like it will be a nice weekend.

Sice Last year Mike has been bevering away improving the buildings and extending the workshops ready to connect into the Bubble Building (not finished yet)

Unlike last years surprise special guest who never teunrd up, I am confident that this years surprise will turn up. and may even be surprises (even Jean does not know what they are), and I do not mean Stuart with his van load of Microcars.

For those that want to make it a weekend there are now camping facilities ( contact Leslie) or the usual B&B in the village.

I look forward to seeing you all there on Sunday 29th July.

Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »
I do hope you have not forgotten that it is just 9 days to go before the next Hammond Collection Open Day at School House Farm (Sunday 29 July 2012). And the weather, as promised, will be glorious.

Bring along some food to cook on the BBQ a fold up garden chair and your favorite Microcar for the best day out so far this summer.

All the usual attractions plus a few new additions.

I hope to see you all there

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:30:25 PM »
Additions? Surprises? What does this all mean??  I know this is too fanciful to even contemplate but could it be that Chris has finally joined the fraternity proper and bought himself a microcar??  :o :o :o   The clue could be in his admonition to bring "food, a garden chair and your favourite microcar" Surely he wouldnt ask us to do something he wasnt going to do himself??   :D :D  I cant wait!!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:58:27 PM »
 I'll be there! Van's being paid for on Monday and so the "AC" P50 WILL be making its public debut on the lawn nine days from now.   :o   Several places locally had been clamoring for the honour once word got out I had it, but then as now it was always School House Farm at the top of my list for the first showing...   :-* 

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »
Lots of complicated work and plans to organise. I hope to be there but looking a bit unlikely. Drat, drat, and double drat (© Dick Dastardly)
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »
I do hope you have not forgotten that it is just 9 days to go before the next Hammond Collection Open Day at School House Farm (Sunday 29 July 2012). And the weather, as promised, will be glorious.

Bring along some food to cook on the BBQ a fold up garden chair and your favorite Microcar for the best day out so far this summer.

All the usual attractions plus a few new additions.

I hope to see you all there

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Shame I won;t make it. However, it sounds great!

One day  ;)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »
I'll be there! Van's being paid for on Monday and so the "AC" P50 WILL be making its public debut on the lawn nine days from now.   :o   Several places locally had been clamoring for the honour once word got out I had it, but then as now it was always School House Farm at the top of my list for the first showing...   :-* 

I'm looking forward to seeing that Stuart, talking of AC's I must remember to bring that IC gearbox with me to give to you.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
Dear Bob

It is never a good thing to raise peoples expectations too high as they only come away disapointed.

The wording of my blog was " bring along your favorite Microcar". It did not say that you had to own it.

I look forward to seeing who turns up and how many new vehicles ( including Stuarts AC P50) will be at School House Farm next Sunday.

Keep smiling

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
If I had any microcars now I for one would not let someone else bring any of my vehicles to any car meet. With them out of my sight any thing could happen to them. Bits being pinched off of them or even stolen! It was bad enough in the '70s when people used to jump in the car without asking and then moaning because there wasn't the key to start it up.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:08:25 PM by Rob Dobie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »
I quite agree Rob.  I shouldn't worry, this banter is all part of my long term campaign to persuade Chris into microcar ownership. Nothing has worked so far! :D

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 01:41:11 PM »
I bet Chris is the mystery Tourette buyer. ;D  I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 12:00:04 PM »
It sounds like you are planning to come up to Jeans then Rob, will you be bringing the NSU Quickly? I know its not a microcar but hey ho, its micro! I may have some parts for you.