Author Topic: Rumcars Open Day  (Read 41473 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Rumcars Open Day
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
Cheers for posting the photos Stuart, its nice to see what I've missed. Who knows one day I might even have the opportunity of getting there!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »

Plus, why is that sign stuck on the back of my head??

This space for hire perhaps....    ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
Cheeky blighter! :D

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
nice call Stuart
that a nice pitcher of the peels
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »
At clubnight last night I was told about a bit of a major meeting of Bonds at Loxwood after a gap became available in the venue's calendar last weekend. A bit of an unfortunate clash but it sounds it was also slightly unavoidable. Cannot be sure if it had an effect but these situations are best avoided and the MOC Rally clash with RUM resolved itself this year only for a dark horse to slip in.

I can also suggest Malcolm Thomas' Burnt Meat Eat upcoming if a majority of Schmitters can support a Peel owner, Jamie. Malcolm will be interested, of course. I do not have details to hand as it is MOC sponsored so out of my sphere of information.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 08:17:13 AM »
Its a shame really as I wanted to go to the Loxwood do as well but these things happen. Still, despite lower numbers in attendance we still had a great time and all the more quiche and vegetable samosas for me!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:46 AM »
why is that sign stuck on the back of my head??

It says "Needs a full restoration"  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »
Behold! A gallery from Open Day 2012...   :o

Newest car of the day I believe...

I would like to know more about the New Renault.
What are the age and licence restrictions for driving one?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:05:56 PM by Isetta_Owner »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »
Old enough to have earned a lot of money and the extra for a brown envelope to the bankrupt Government? There must be a sensible answer as well.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »
I sat in a Twizy at Bromley Pageant of Motoring, and while I quite like the styling and concept, the child's back "seat" is really only suitable for shopping, very claustrophobic. As a fun car for occasional use possibly alright, but the clear side screens have large gaps, like around the wing mirror area, so it is NOT weatherproof like a normal car. In Winter or rain you would have to dress for outdoors, as on a scooter. For me this does limit its usefulness. I cycle in virtually all weather except icy road conditions and the exercise keeps me tolerably warm. However the Twizy looks like a car more than a scooter and you are not pedaling as on a bike and I feel that in UK you would soon get bored of being wet and/or cold. At Bromley they were not providing clear information of battery price, range, life expectancy etc., but I understand that dealers do provide this and it is a reasonable package.

I would be interested to learn how it compares with GWizz, which I know about from Bob's detailed information here, and from what I know so far I would be inclined to choose a G Wizz over a Twizy. Squeak and I could go for a drive, or to the shops without the risk of either of us getting soaked in a G Wizz!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
Chris has all the details but I know they cost about £6500 to buy and a further £45 per month to rent the battery. There is another model coming out with a less powerful motor aimed at 16 year olds.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »
I presume the advantage a Twizy has over a GWizz for an owner is that you do not have to buy replacement batteries so this could be a worthwhile cost advantage for some potential owners.

I wonder how many potential sales they have lost this year because of the bad summer, anyone encountering a shower of rain during a test run might have 2nd thoughts!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:59:24 PM by marcus »
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »
Chris has all the details but I know they cost about £6500 to buy and a further £45 per month to rent the battery. There is another model coming out with a less powerful motor aimed at 16 year olds.

I was thinking of my Boys (three at 15years old now) getting to College when they are 16.  They may all go to different colleges out of catchment and there is no public transport.  Cost of driving them all over Suffolk every day is high in £££ and time (also £££).  I thought it (or something like it) would be better than a moped.  Possibly better over the fields Bob?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 02:23:43 PM »
Dear Barry

As Bob says I have all the info and it will all be in the next edition of Rumcar News.

The Twizy version for 16 year olds with a smaller electric motor is just speculation, Renault have not made any statement as yet.

The other options will be Axiom and Microcar, Qpod and possibly a Peel engineering road legal P50.

It might be worth testing the waters with your Minicat.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »
Going by the info on wikipedia the low power teenager version [28mph] is already being made and sold as sans permis in Europe?